House Price Crash Forum

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi!! I've been coming to this forum as a guest for the past couple of years, but couldn't be bothered to register. Basically, I'm a Forex trader, been at it 3 years now, after catching a cold with too many losses on shares (sell your RBS shares, they've gone short on Daily).

I read with interest some of your ideas on the Dow, S&P, DAX, CAC etc. Although these are all good to trade (I regularly trade a 2 lot $5 mini on the Dow) FX has to be the best and easiest way of making dosh (like a 24 hour/day 5 day week Walmart shopping for money); especially at the moment.

Just thought I'd put up a chart here of my favourite trade at the moment, EUR/CHF. Recently the SNB announced that it will support the exchange rate of EUR/CHF and USD/CHF, so as not to allow their currency to get too strong. Great range trade. Put a bid more or less anywhere on the chart, and it will get into profit; especially with a long. I've been short this all week now, with a 250,000 lot, and it's paid back nicely. Just looking to exit my short at around 1.51500 and go long, expecting the inevitable bounce off the MAE 250 (which virtually always happens). If anyone is interested in FX, then I'll pop back in every now and then, and give some trading tips; if you're not conversant with FX, please don't go rush out and try it yourself without at least 6 months of training....you'll only lose money.

document.jpg

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi!! I've been coming to this forum as a guest for the past couple of years, but couldn't be bothered to register. Basically, I'm a Forex trader, been at it 3 years now, after catching a cold with too many losses on shares (sell your RBS shares, they've gone short on Daily).

I read with interest some of your ideas on the Dow, S&P, DAX, CAC etc. Although these are all good to trade (I regularly trade a 2 lot $5 mini on the Dow) FX has to be the best and easiest way of making dosh (like a 24 hour/day 5 day week Walmart shopping for money); especially at the moment.

Just thought I'd put up a chart here of my favourite trade at the moment, EUR/CHF. Recently the SNB announced that it will support the exchange rate of EUR/CHF and USD/CHF, so as not to allow their currency to get too strong. Great range trade. Put a bid more or less anywhere on the chart, and it will get into profit; especially with a long. I've been short this all week now, with a 250,000 lot, and it's paid back nicely. Just looking to exit my short at around 1.51500 and go long, expecting the inevitable bounce off the MAE 250 (which virtually always happens). If anyone is interested in FX, then I'll pop back in every now and then, and give some trading tips; if you're not conversant with FX, please don't go rush out and try it yourself without at least 6 months of training....you'll only lose money.

document.jpg

Hi TV , good to see a forex trader joining in . I don`t post much but like to follow the opinions of the experts in here .

I`m interested in the EUR/GBP and still hoping for sterling to fall further as things progress but not tempted to trade FX myself . Too risky and not enough grey cells :lol: .

I hold RBS @ .27 hoping to top up if it gets below 35p again .

KAZ @ 2.80

BARC @ 1.11

AVIVA @ 1.90 again looking for more at the right money .

I`m a buy and hold merchant so not too tempted to sell even though I`m inclined to think the market will fall significantly in the next 3 months . How far and for how long is the question ? .

Hi NSB, you asked these questions

I`m interested in the EUR/GBP and still hoping for sterling to fall further as things progress but not tempted to trade FX myself . Too risky and not enough grey cells laugh.gif .

KAZ @ 2.80

BARC @ 1.11

EUR/GBP....it's been falling for quite a while now, but don't trust it. Weekly chart has shown dramatic fall underway, although it has risen to sit on the 30 min trendline. Looks as it can go long. Weekly is slowly reversing.............Buy Euro's.

RBS is a short, so sell asap. No buy-back, as Barclays and Lloyds are looking short too atm.

KAZ, I think you mean BMB Munai Inc. My 'techs on daily/weekly show that this will fall pdq, so pls sell asap to minimise loss.

BARC: It's a short starting with 30 min.

Aviva, now I hope you mean Aviva Plc and not Aviva Corporation Ltd :). Anything down to 320.00 and beyond. Bounced off resistance, but turning for the plunge by the looks of it.

Like anything, you have to quick about your trading decisions and if you have a loss, take it on the chin, to minimise potential further loss. Once the item you have hung your hat on recedes to where you want it to be, then you can always buy it back again for potential profit.

Heck, glad I don't have to watch these shares. That would be a nightmare, have enough problems going to Walmart FX. At least the FX market can't crash just because some insider decided to short sell, or the company go bankrupt, or a government takeover, or et al.

Edited by Time Virus

Me too TV. Maybe this can be the Forex threads answer to the good S&P 500 thread. Please keep posting.

one of my clients, who is prof fx trader, was talking about 1.35 €:$ a couple of weeks ago.This would tie in with small retracement in stocks.

one of my clients, who is prof fx trader, was talking about 1.35 €:$ a couple of weeks ago.This would tie in with small retracement in stocks.

A week ago I was advised to go short at anything near 1.42 euro / dollar and am still clinging to it ( never post advice here in case somebody goes mental ) good chance of 1.38 looking at retracements and risk appetite will go long at anything above 1.35 for a long term bet

I am short cable at 1.65 and also OZ , both against the dollar hoping for some movement on monday after the holiday

Hoping for 88p + against the euro and perhaps within the next 2 weeks but it's my gambling....not advice for others

Hi NSB, you asked these questions

I`m interested in the EUR/GBP and still hoping for sterling to fall further as things progress but not tempted to trade FX myself . Too risky and not enough grey cells laugh.gif .

KAZ @ 2.80

BARC @ 1.11

EUR/GBP....it's been falling for quite a while now, but don't trust it. Weekly chart has shown dramatic fall underway, although it has risen to sit on the 30 min trendline. Looks as it can go long. Weekly is slowly reversing.............Buy Euro's.

RBS is a short, so sell asap. No buy-back, as Barclays and Lloyds are looking short too atm.

KAZ, I think you mean BMB Munai Inc. My 'techs on daily/weekly show that this will fall pdq, so pls sell asap to minimise loss.

BARC: It's a short starting with 30 min.

Aviva, now I hope you mean Aviva Plc and not Aviva Corporation Ltd :). Anything down to 320.00 and beyond. Bounced off resistance, but turning for the plunge by the looks of it.

Like anything, you have to quick about your trading decisions and if you have a loss, take it on the chin, to minimise potential further loss. Once the item you have hung your hat on recedes to where you want it to be, then you can always buy it back again for potential profit.

Heck, glad I don't have to watch these shares. That would be a nightmare, have enough problems going to Walmart FX. At least the FX market can't crash just because some insider decided to short sell, or the company go bankrupt, or a government takeover, or et al.

Cheers for that TV . Think I`ll sit tight with my EUR for the time being , hoping to convert them to GBP at 90p or better if I`m patient enough .

KAZ is Kazakhmys trading on the LSE , currently trading @630 quite a volatile mining share .

Your trading strategy is correct of course , but we "buy and hold" guys operate on a lower level I think . Not for us the cut and thrust of daily trading . Anything likely to raise the pulse is to be avoided , never mind sleepless nights :) .

Cheers