House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
juvenal

Ego, Status And Money. Personalised Number Plates

A documentary explores the world of personalised number plates, as several Nigels chase the status they crave in owning the number plate NIGEL.

I shall be watching this as it contains several things that I hate.

A documentary explores the world of personalised number plates, as several Nigels chase the status they crave in owning the number plate NIGEL.

The first thing I would do if I could afford to get a private plate that said NIGEL, would be to change my name.

N-N-N-N-Nigel

I don't know why these people don't just save the money and simply put a sign in their back windscreen saying "I am vain and shallow" instead.

I think a plate personalised to the car is fine on one proviso. The car is in some way special. A lancia delta integrale evo that is a show car and has some plate d3lta imo is ok as the car is a show car.

Sticking 'X5 thg' on an X5 looks shit.

My sister and her husband bought personalised plates for their 2 cars earlier this year. And yes, they are both vain consumer airhead pixie persons.

What gets me though is that the plates they bought don't mean jack sh*t! ...The casual observer would just look at them and think: "what does this cryptic cr*p mean?!", as they're as meaningless as a regular number plate.

Still, it represents £1k well spent to them! :rolleyes:

nigel backwards is legin and robert is trebor, fascinating dont you think?

My sister and her husband bought personalised plates for their 2 cars earlier this year. And yes, they are both vain consumer airhead pixie persons.

What gets me though is that the plates they bought don't mean jack sh*t! ...The casual observer would just look at them and think: "what does this cryptic cr*p mean?!", as they're as meaningless as a regular number plate.

Still, it represents £1k well spent to them! :rolleyes:

Have they made even bigger t*ts of themselves by having the name the plate is meant to say, written underneath in a small font?

That always gets me. Puts a smile on my face.

Were it legal and available, I would have to get a plate that said W4N K3R. If you can't laugh at yourself......

I shall be watching that then, now you mentioned it. :P:lol:

Nothing wrong with having your own number surely.

Having your name on a plate though, sure that's an ego trip, tossers.

What I am attracted to is numbers on commercial vehicles, far more suttle.

I remember reading about the london plumber with loads of numbers for his vehicles,

ie. W4TER, B1DET, etc. etc.

(deleted personal reg. numbers)

RiG

Edited by ROBinGLOS

A lancia delta integrale evo that is a show car and has some plate d3lta imo is ok as the car is a show car.

How about this one?

As they say in Private Eye, Geddit?

(it is a Storm and yes, that is the start of the Nurburgring Nordschleife - six laps - monster!)

Vrsix1.JPG

post-8011-1246645806_thumb.jpg

Edited by GotHousewithLand

Having your name on a plate though, sure that's an ego trip, tossers.

Says RobinGlos :rolleyes:

What a tragic, pathetic parade of inadequates.

'He's a bit insecure' said the wife.

Say that again.

I thought it was his mother :unsure:

I can't get my head around why anyone would want to spend good money on a few letters and numbers...if you want to tell someone your name or leanings, buy a plastic sticker and plaster it on your bumper...we will understand. ;)

Save money on a personalised number plate by topping yourself, thus ridding the world of yet another vapid ar5ehole while simultaneously avoiding all future expense.

I was offered ABC 123 for £2,000 in 1984 whilst playing a round of golf in Leicester.

Still kicking myself.

"ABC, it's easy as 123..."

Think what you could've sold that for to a mourning Jacko Wacko!