House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
US Citizen

Britain Needs Slaves

Every empire including the British Empire of the day relied on free or cheap labour to be able to provide labour. It also needed land and resources and conquered people to work the land for little or no money. The profit from this production went to the top, the elite. This elite filtered down money to the poor through work in service.

• The British Empire had African Slaves to work in America
  • The Romans used North Africans, Turks, Germanic Tribes to work the lands they aquired.
  • The Chinese, used peasants and to large extent still do
  • The Indians have a complex cast system
  • The Egyptians used Jews, Palistinians, Libyans and Nubians

Without people to work for free or for very little, we need debt. If we do not have either, we will not grow as a nation.

BTW: I am not advocating nor do I approve of slavery.

Brutal warfare is the sensible solution, and would rid the need for slavery. If the targetted country surrendered quick enough, it would be fairly pain free, and everyone could continue as normal for a while longer. It's the best solution that remains after the mess we have been left, and the sooner it is gotton over with, the better. It's clear that legality is irrelevant now when waging war, so why not hammer some weakling countries that already hate us anyway and have their stuff for us? Most foreign countries would probably try the same if roles were reversed, let's face it.

Without people to work for free or for very little, we need debt. If we do not have either, we will not grow as a nation.

China, India and 3rd world countries provide what is essentially slave labor to us. See this, they live at work, are fined for any minor infraction and paid so little they can never break free.

The debt/slavery thing is the result of a situation.

There is another option if you change the situation.

The situation is a small percentage of people own the entire surface of the earth.

The rest of mankind is thus beholden to them.

If you take those that own the earth, and throw them in the sea, and share out wealth of the earth, there need be no slaves or debts.

I'll simplify that for the hard of thinking.

Death to buy-to-leters!

If you take those that own the earth, and throw them in the sea, and share out wealth of the earth, there need be no slaves or debts.

Exactly. The problem is the vast majority don't even realize their predicament. They are too distracted by silly television programs, cheap trinkets and celebrity worship - which of course is actively encouraged by the elite.

Looks like the Indians are getting in on the act, using Africans

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...and-labour.html

"India, once the colonial jewel of Britain's empire, has been accused of 'neo-colonialism' in Africa where its business people have joined a race with China, Saudi Arabia and elsewhere to buy up agricultural estates and take advantage of cheap labour. "

Britain needs slaves?

No - the elite need slaves.

edit:

(...)

I'll simplify that for the hard of thinking.

Death to buy-to-leters!

Forget the BTLers. They own tiny amounts in the grand scheme of things

Look at those who own or control the bulk of the land.

Edited by Timm

Forget the BTLers. They own tiny amounts in the grand scheme of things

Look at those who own or control the bulk of the land.

Yes I know I was deliberately oversimplifying to make it easy to understand.

In reality, those who own the most almost certainly have no idea that they do... they will employ staff who manage their money for them.... all they do is spend it. It's worth remembering that the earths richest people arn't on the "rich list" because they don't talk about how much money they have. In reality they probably don't know, and even if they did the numbers would be meaningless to them.

I thought this thread was about a new reality tv show coming up- sponsored by the DWP.

I saw a sneak preview of the 'pilot' filmed at British Airways recently

China, India and 3rd world countries provide what is essentially slave labor to us. See this, they live at work, are fined for any minor infraction and paid so little they can never break free.

+1

While we get fat and bloated, wallowing in our over-priced houses filled to the brim with improted tat.

BA has just implemented slavery in order to transfer wealth from staff to shareholders.

Taxation isn't voluntary -so that's slavery.

Offshoring/Globalisation is slavery if you want to eat.

Student debt is slavery - Little different to an Indian getting into debt by paying thousands to a gang master to work in Dubai and paying the debt back out of earnings.

Most of us are permanently living in slavery already. We vote to keep it that way because it feels safe.

The abolotion of slavery is why we are where we are technologically.

Once you can't just bred a few more serfs or whip a few shackled minions to get more stuff for yourself, you have to become inventive.

The abolition of slavery is why we are where we are technologically.

Once you can't just bred a few more serfs or whip a few shackled minions to get more stuff for yourself, you have to become inventive.

One of the driving forces of the industrial revolution and the introduction of steam power was the high wages of British workers relative to their European counterparts.

Henry Ford paid his workers reasonably well, even though he was ultimately just after more profit, and also was responsible for making the motor vehicle accessible to millions.

Compulsory volunteering, that should do it. :lol:

BA are the trailblazers in this area it seems.

Working for food and water will be the next grand scheme I rekon. A cash salary is so 2008. :rolleyes:

Henry Ford paid his workers reasonably well, even though he was ultimately just after more profit

Ford understood the link between income and consumption- our present day henry fords are too busy outsourcing to china to figure out that their customers will be standing in the dole que- or flipping burgers for micky mouse wages.

One mans expendable employee is anothers valued customer.

Slavery? This is my response

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZeYVIWz99I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZeYVIWz99I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Edited by Uriah Heap