House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
smiffy1967

Advice On Default

I have a clean credit report (i know this is not a debt forum) and got behind on a contract mobile phone service (vodafone) work out a payment plan for that month and agreed to pay the £200 the following week to balance the account, all was excepted. That following Friday my foreign wife whom just does not get direct debits, paid the £200 by standing order through Barclays bank. 10 days later voda got the payment but it took them even longer to process the whole thing, they sent the debt out to a DCA whom excepted my explanation and sent the debt back to Voda. Voda registered a default on a mobile phone contract on my credit report. A default lasts for 6 years!!!! Although the contract is settled now i have a default.

what can i do, this is ludicrous!

what can i do, this is ludicrous!

The only entity that can remove this from your credit report is Vodafone. You have to write lots of nice letters to them.

Edited by renewable