House Price Crash Forum
Injin

The 4 Key Reasons An Economic Collapse Is Likely Imminent

http://www.arbitraryvote.com/warning

WARNING

The mainstream media and government are communicating that the economy is on a positive track toward recovery while downplaying the likelihood of another economic catastrophe similar or worse than that experienced in the fourth quarter of 2008 and first quarter of 2009. In actuality, there is a significant chance that the U.S. will experience a severe economic collapse, beyond what has already been experienced, either this year or within the next few years. If there is a perceived, sustainable economic rebound before this happens, do not be fooled - the underlying economic problems still exist and will likely eventually surface in economic collapse.

Very long, very detailed article with some excellent links.

fygfd_max_630_378debt.png

base_max_630_378.png

In actuality, there is a significant chance that the U.S. will experience a severe economic collapse, beyond what has already been experienced, either this year or within the next few years.

So there is also a significant chance that this event may not happen, either this year or sometime soon. This is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Charts are on nominal not log scales so also totally misleading.

Can't be bothered to read the rest.

BTW, I think the numbers coming from the US look pretty awful and the $ is going to be under severe downward pressure but I don't like sloppy analysis masquerading as news.

So there is also a significant chance that this event may not happen, either this year or sometime soon. This is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

BTW, I think the numbers coming from the US look pretty awful and the $ is going to be under severe downward pressure but I don't like sloppy analysis masquerading as news.

Its analysis none the less, and valid, it does not have to be news.

as for the forecast of economic collapse, history is not on our side.

You can always find some blogger, somewhere, predicting economic collapse every minute of every day. It's not particularly useful in making investment, or even life or housing, decisions.

I completely respect the right of anyone to air their opinions but long term charts on nominal scales or saying that something might happen at some stage in the future doesn't lead me to conclude that the analysis is particularly rigorous or insightful.

Very long, very detailed article with some excellent links.

I'm going to make a note of that URL and pass it on to any fule hoo fink there is a recovery on the way.

If you think the section on the state of the banking system is an eye opener, look at the section on 'Debt Comparison to U.S. GDP'.

You can always find some blogger, somewhere, predicting economic collapse every minute of every day. It's not particularly useful in making investment, or even life or housing, decisions.

I completely respect the right of anyone to air their opinions but long term charts on nominal scales or saying that something might happen at some stage in the future doesn't lead me to conclude that the analysis is particularly rigorous or insightful.

How accurate would an anlysis have to be to suit your needs?

Injin is forever saying something is going to happen in a few months, next year or a few years. It never does.

Injin is forever saying something is going to happen in a few months, next year or a few years. It never does.

I said that US would go into hyperinflation in june this year.

That's about the only thing I've concretely said. I've also put a vague state failure out there - if you knew exactly when then you'd be a billionaire but debt that can't be paid off means any of or a mixture of bankrupcy, default or inflation.

When is the issue, not if.

You've been on this forum five minutes and feel you can make a comment about someone else's ability to predict economic outcomes? We can all see why you're a bull.

You've been on this forum five minutes and feel you can make a comment about someone else's ability to predict economic outcomes? We can all see why you're a bull.

4 1/2 months isn't enough time to form an opinion on someone?

There are a lot of critical newbies posting lately. Men in black springs to mind.

That's about the only thing I've concretely said. I've also put a vague state failure out there - if you knew exactly when then you'd be a billionaire but debt that can't be paid off means any of or a mixture of bankrupcy, default or inflation.

When is the issue, not if.

Yes, I seem to remember teasing that one out of you a while back - has it happened?

Yes, I seem to remember teasing that one out of you a while back - has it happened?

According to injins definition of hyperinflation it has, but according to everyone elses it hasnt.

Go figure. :unsure:

Yes.

Care to elaborate? I'm not seeing the dollar collapse, or reports of Americans asking to be paid daily in advance and spending their wages at lunchtime??

Care to elaborate? I'm not seeing the dollar collapse, or reports of Americans asking to be paid daily in advance and spending their wages at lunchtime??

the accounting standards definition of hyperinflation is 100% over three years

given the money supply explosion on the feds balance sheet i think its pretty much guranteed

No, just california paying out in iou's and record numbers of jobless while the banks hoard cash like a mother******er.

It's there but it ain't moving yet.

I don't understand this comment.

Look at the share price for RBS over 5 years on yahoo finance

Log if you are a gambler trader making a quick buck on the recent up-tick. After all its only shuffling numbers around in a computer.

Linear if you want to appreciate the destruction of shareholder value over the last few years, to see the destruction of a major institution.

You need different scales for different purposes, the data is the same, just the presentation. If the point of the analysis is to look at long term trends and the real debt built up, linear looks better to me.