House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jac

Land Registry Data Doesn't Match Hip?

Hi looking to buy a property.

zoopla and mouseprice say it cost 422k in feb 03

just got the hip

says it cost 495k in oct 04. zoopla and mouse price have no record of a transaction in 2004

the difference probably is worth around £16k

if you track local property prices with landregistry it would give you a current market price of 488 under the 2003 sale price and 504 under the 2004 one

but any reasons why zoopla etc are not picking this up?

A neighbours house sold we believe for 105k and that isn't on the stats...

What's in the HIP? An official print out from land reg?

cheers. yeah a hip has a copy of the property register, proprietorship register and charges register

last hip i looked at seemed to match up with zoopla

but i'm starting to question the accuracy of those sites now

A HIP doesn't have to show previous sold prices iirc.

The "hipsters" use certain sites for information; not mouseprices or Zoopla, have a look on houseprice and see what their data shows?

Also worth noting that you don't have to be literate to be a "hipster".

not used houseprices.co.uk before

but it says the same thing. has the feb 2003 sale but not the most recent one

will have to get some more hips from estate agents to try this out again! but i notice most agents tend to ignore me when i ask for hips. one i found out hadn't got the hip for the house and had to take the property off the market! i.e. the vendor was breaking the law (all properties listed post april have to have a hip)

will have to get some more hips from estate agents to try this out again! but i notice most agents tend to ignore me when i ask for hips. one i found out hadn't got the hip for the house and had to take the property off the market! i.e. the vendor was breaking the law (all properties listed post april have to have a hip)

This was my understanding as well.

Couple across the road were told (by the EA) that the house could be put on the market (Rightmove etc.) without a HIP, but they couldn't have any viewings until they had a 'coffee table' copy of it.

Any truth in this, or is it the usual EA b0llocks?

(I should note that it was sorted in fairly short order though).

Dec '07 iirc.

Can be marketed as long as a HIP is commissioned which will take between 2 weeks and forever.

There are some houses where you can view the EPC on-line and may also have the HIP, I only recall seeing the EPC.

According to the land registry website there are the following exclusions, this page also used to say these exclusions also cover the sold datasets....

http://www1.landregistry.gov.uk/property_info/exclusions/

1. All commercial transactions
  2. Before Jan 2000 - All sales below £10,000 and over £1million .
    (On line data for Jan 2000 onwards includes details of these sales).
  3. Transfer, conveyances, assignments or leases at a premium with nominal rent which are:
  • ‘Right to buy’ sales at a discount
  • subject to a lease
  • subject to an existing mortgage
  • to effect the sale of a share in a property
  • by way of a gift
  • by way of exchange
  • under a Compulsory Purchase order
  • under a court order
  • to Trustees
  • Vesting Deeds
  • Transmissions or Assents
  • of more than one property
  • Leases for 7 years or less

Another page detailing exclusions

http://www1.landregistry.gov.uk/kb/Default...36&catId=32

As I read it if you get the actual individual record from the land registry you get all the details, however if you get the dataset/the average prices/the sold price website it has the above exclusions

Edited by moosetea

There was a large house converted to flats 2 years ago in a road I know well. I know of one set of free online house price data that lists all of them sold - yet they don't exist on houseprices.co.uk

Maybe there are different sub-sets to be purchased from the LR ... I can't think of any other reason as all the sales were some time ago.

Not all properties are listed on LR either. There are some types which won't be there. e.g. repossessions I believe aren't listed, commercial properties won't be either (e.g. a small guesthouse perhaps).

Just checked. They were listed on the FindAProperty house prices search page.

Edited by ScaredEitherWay

Hi looking to buy a property.

zoopla and mouseprice say it cost 422k in feb 03

just got the hip

says it cost 495k in oct 04. zoopla and mouse price have no record of a transaction in 2004

the difference probably is worth around £16k

if you track local property prices with landregistry it would give you a current market price of 488 under the 2003 sale price and 504 under the 2004 one

but any reasons why zoopla etc are not picking this up?

could it be that the 2004 sale was to a company? if so wouldn't be on zoopla? are you buying from an individual or a company?