House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
getdoon_weebobby

Current Build Costs?

My feeling is that people will be forced to accept lower living standards.

So if £575k is the RV and build-cost around that - then there will be 5 families living there.

that's £115k each - which if both parents are paid £20k (assuming) then with a 15k deposit works out at 2.5 times joint income.

http://www.propertynews.com/property/house...-Road/PNC453144

THIS HOUSE IS 595M2, RV 575

what would the build cost be?? at a guesstimate

Just finished a single story house with double garage, house = 3000 sq ft, total build costs was £76.23 per sq ft (£228,682.00). 278 sq meters @ £822 per M2. That includes everything except furniture.

Spec was high.

Underfloor heating.

E Glass. 5 large arched windows, large Bi folding door onto padio/court yard.

High Insulation spec.

Oak kitchen with granite worktops.

Oak utility with granite worktops.

Oak Doors and skirting.

2 bathrooms (1 with large double spa bath).

Cat5 data network.

All floors tiled (underfloor heating)

Complete house painted.

Plaster coving to most rooms

3 Feature oak Beams to main kitchen, family, dinning area.

American fridge, 1100mm Rangemaster, Built in Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer.

Fire place/Stove.

Blah Blah.

Cost above covered mostly everything, even 1200 liters of oil to test heating system.

The site (1 acre) cost £71,500.00. in 2004, nice site with a stream at the bottom of the garden.

Oh and theres 16,582.00 of vat to be claimed back, but my fee has to be added.

Don't know if that helps.

Don't know if that helps.

Helps a lot. Thanks.

Is it any easier for a farmer's son to get planning permission now? ;)

Edited by Belfast Boy

Helps a lot. Thanks.

Is it any easier for a farmer's son to get planning permission now? ;)

Yes if the farmers father is retirement age and you are building a retirement home for him. Helps if he needs the old hip replacement. The farmers son needs to be taking on the farm.

Sounds difficult but it is more difficult for the department to prove this is not the case. Make sure the farmers father has a walking stick for the old planning appeal. He also needs to give a loud sigh as he takes his seat at the appeal. Should do the job. The fact that the retirement home has a gym and a pole for dancing in the bedroom should go unnoticed.

Yes if the farmers father is retirement age and you are building a retirement home for him. Helps if he needs the old hip replacement. The farmers son needs to be taking on the farm.

Sounds difficult but it is more difficult for the department to prove this is not the case. Make sure the farmers father has a walking stick for the old planning appeal. He also needs to give a loud sigh as he takes his seat at the appeal. Should do the job. The fact that the retirement home has a gym and a pole for dancing in the bedroom should go unnoticed.

:lol:

farmers will get a site if they have a DARD buisness ID and their farm has been active for 6 years.

Under this policy they get a site every 10 years (so fastest is 2 in 11 years) and these sites can be sold on the open market with no restrictions. They do not have to be for the farmers son.

I hope this helps

:lol:

farmers will get a site if they have a DARD buisness ID and their farm has been active for 6 years.

Under this policy they get a site every 10 years (so fastest is 2 in 11 years) and these sites can be sold on the open market with no restrictions. They do not have to be for the farmers son.

I hope this helps

That's what I thought - thanks Archy. I don't think the oul-boy will go for the walking stick idea as he is fitter than me. :unsure::D