House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

Should Ronnie Biggs Be Released Now?

As the Justice Secretary famed for claiming £1500 council tax he was not entitled to said Biggs is unrepentant unlike the thousands of murderers, rapists and paedophiles that are now walking our streets.

Guest KingCharles1st
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/8129146.stm

Wonder if he'd feel that way about MPs who have defrauded the taxpayer? :rolleyes:

It's making my blood boil just thinking about the hypocracy. OK, Biggs is totally dead, and no threat to society and there will always be people that say "life is life," but when you think about how much money those legalised ba stard financial market crooks have made out of the UK over the last few years, makes you really want to punch something- preferably their smug poncy faces.

Guest AuntJess
It's making my blood boil just thinking about the hypocracy. OK, Biggs is totally dead, and no threat to society and there will always be people that say "life is life," but when you think about how much money those legalised ba stard financial market crooks have made out of the UK over the last few years, makes you really want to punch something- preferably their smug poncy faces.

Yes. It isn't as though he had been a monster, like Brady or Hindley. I understood the decision to keep THEM inside. :angry:

Money crimes will always carry a stiffer sentence than crimes against people. To the PTB we are just a source of revenue, worker bees to their drones. <_<

The Great Train Robbery perps were sentenced as a political PR exercise: the Tory government of McMillan were reeling from the Profumo affair and other scandals and demonstrations of incompetence (Plus ça change!).

Biggs is an old sick man: any criminal affiliates he might have enjoyed are mainly dead: or geriatric.

He has been kept locked up purely and only since he waved two fingers at the incompetent police and etc and skipped: and took the pee from afar.

When society has legions of failed asylum seeker crims roaming the streets because Jack the Lad's management of the HO etc was so useless (On a scale of uselessness, perhaps the old "One Legged Man at an ass kicking party" comes readily to mind!), and murderers and repeat rapist released after less than seven years, to continue to incarcerate Biggs is simple vindictiveness: nothing more and nothing less.

The old saw about justice being compassionate seems to have slipped Uncle Jack by: perhaps he ought to go out and look again at the Old Bailey and the Scales of Justice.

My daddy was a bankrobber

But he never hurt nobody

He just loved to live that way

And he loved to steal your money

Some is rich, and some is poor

Thats the way the world is

But I dont believe in lying back

Sayln how bad your luck is

So we came to jazz it up

We never loved a shovel

Break your back to earn your pay

An dont forget to grovel

The old man spoke up in a bar

Said I never been in prison

A lifetime serving one machine

Is ten times worse than prison

Imagine if all the boys in jail

Could get out now together

Whadda you think theyd want to say to us?

While we was being clever

Someday youll meet your rocking chair

Cos thats where were spinning

Theres no point to wanna comb your hair

When its grey and thinning

Run rabbit run

Strike out boys, for the hills

I can find that hole in the wall

And I know that they never will

No he shouldn't.

He was involved in a violent crime which, to all intents and purposes, resulted in a mans death.

He absconded and took the piss out of this Country for over 30 years - openly saying that he was glad to have been involved in said violent crime.

He is unrepentant.

Had he served his time and not escaped he would have been out years ago so this is entirely of his own making. Therefore, it was his choice to be locked up at this point in his life.

He only came back from Brazil because he had run out of money and needed to milk the NHS.

What MP's have been doing, or what other criminals have been given is beside the point. Their sentences clearly weren't long enough.

Having said that there is another very important point. The point that politicians should not have any input into the criminal justice system what-so-ever. The Home Sec should not be over ruling a parole board. I can smell a big European legal case here which is going to cost the tax payer a fortune in legal fees and it will be a case that the Home Sec will not win.

He's paying the price not for the robbery, but for making an ass out of the British system of criminal justice.

No, he's paying the price for the robbery. He got 30 years and has served no where near that.

Besides, so what if that's why they are keeping him in? He stole public money and then took the p1ss out of our Country from afar. F4ck him!

Hmmmm.

Let's see.

I do a crime and get 10 years for it (he actually got 30 years, but let's pretend that it's 10), but escape after 1 year.

I then live the life of riley abroad for the next few decades until I'm very old and then hand myself in.

Should I be let off the rest of my sentence because I'm now too old and frail? :blink:

Even if I (pretend) that I'm now repentent? :rolleyes:

Why should Madoff die in prison but not Ronnie Biggs?

Life should mean life. And dying in prison should be part of that punishment.

If and I emphasise, the word If, all serious and violent criminals were to be treated equally, then I would agree with the keep Biggs locked up sentiments.

Clearly however all people are not being treated equally.

What Biggs lacks is a militant "We know our human rights!" group.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/131...-on-parole.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/oct/23/u...migrationpolicy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/156...stay-in-UK.html

http://www.navigor.org.uk/navigor/nonce-wa...tephen-ayre.php

When society has legions of failed asylum seeker crims roaming the streets because Jack the Lad's management of the HO etc was so useless (On a scale of uselessness, perhaps the old "One Legged Man at an ass kicking party" comes readily to mind!), and murderers and repeat rapist released after less than seven years, to continue to incarcerate Biggs is simple vindictiveness: nothing more and nothing less.

Do you mean like this?

Apparently Biggs has three guards guarding him.

I don't think he's going to go very far so about redirecting these resources to digging up saddleworth moor where that poor boy has been abandonned yesterday.

Guest AuntJess
If and I emphasise, the word If, all serious and violent criminals were to be treated equally, then I would agree with the keep Biggs locked up sentiments.

Clearly however all people are not being treated equally.

What Biggs lacks is a militant "We know our human rights!" group.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/131...-on-parole.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/oct/23/u...migrationpolicy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/156...stay-in-UK.html

http://www.navigor.org.uk/navigor/nonce-wa...tephen-ayre.php

S'funny in't it, how all the miscreants and freeloaders in creation know their rights: if you are ordinary and harmless - you don't.

Those examples you link are but the tip of the iceberg, which over the years has threatened the peace of mind of every decent citizen. Yet we allow these liberalistas and NuLab types to tramp all over us.

Time for a rebellion? :rolleyes:

Guest AuntJess
Apparently Biggs has three guards guarding him.

I don't think he's going to go very far so about redirecting these resources to digging up saddleworth moor where that poor boy has been abandonned yesterday.

Try and get ONE policeman round when a violent atack is happening to a householder or his property. <_<

I can remember a time about 15 years ago when I reported what I thought was a burglary in progress acorss the road from my house - in less than 10 minutes a car screamed up and four leather-jacketed-and-jeaned, handy-looking guys hopped out and rushed round the back of that house. Found out later that they were the local version of the Sweeney! :P

I bet that chap breaking in got a shock!

Ah! In 'them' days, before we were all drowning in paperwork, targets and human rights. :rolleyes:

I actually knew one of the train guards, he was an old boy that manned the gate leading into the car park where I used to work. Had a metal plate in his head and still slurs some words from where he got bashed over the head.

By hey, that was years ago, beat a few guys up, steal loads of money a kill a man. But as long as you then bugger off abroad to life the high life on your stolen money and get an image as a bit of a character then that’s cool. Just do a small part of your sentence. I mean f@@k it, better than claiming benefits or even working hard your whole life innit. I guess the other 99.9% of us who don’t commit violent crime can just wave through the occasional ‘character’. God bless Biggs, and all the useful idiots who want to let him off because we don't happen to live in a perfect world.

Guest AuntJess
I actually knew one of the train guards, he was an old boy that manned the gate leading into the car park where I used to work. Had a metal plate in his head and still slurs some words from where he got bashed over the head.

By hey, that was years ago, beat a few guys up, steal loads of money a kill a man. But as long as you then bugger off abroad to life the high life on your stolen money and get an image as a bit of a character then that’s cool. Just do a small part of your sentence. I mean f@@k it, better than claiming benefits or even working hard your whole life innit. I guess the other 99.9% of us who don’t commit violent crime can just wave through the occasional ‘character’. God bless Biggs, and all the useful idiots who want to let him off because we don't happen to live in a perfect world.

You seem to have completely missed the point of my thread. It isn't JUST what is happening to him, but what ISN'T happening to every other scumbag in comparison.

Any one who want to be lawless, vicious and violent or just plain irresponsible, can be assured of a soft landing from the law-makers of this land these days.There is NO consistency and as with all other things that are going on in this country, they can't " make fish of one and fowl of t'other" without someone, somewhere sooner or later, standing on their hind legs and objecting - strongly.

[/b]

You seem to have completely missed the point of my thread. It isn't JUST what is happening to him, but what ISN'T happening to every other scumbag in comparison.

Any one who want to be lawless, vicious and violent or just plain irresponsible, can be assured of a soft landing from the law-makers of this land these days.There is NO consistency and as with all other things that are going on in this country, they can't " make fish of one and fowl of t'other" without someone, somewhere sooner or later, standing on their hind legs and objecting - strongly.

Ok, yes, fine, BUT...

You don't solve the problem of an overly liberal judicial system by being selectively more liberal to tabloid characters.

You do it by enforcing sentences, on him, and others. The moment you start arguing exemptions you end up perpetuating the exact problem you describe. Each of of those scumbags you mention were at the time their individual case discussed a 'special' case too.

So yes, Biggs should die in prison since he opted to bypass his term. As for all these young hoods stabbing and shooting people, they should go to jail and stay there until they are old men.

What's more every single murder, stabbing thug, always without any exceptions have a string of previous convictions. If they severed serious terms for any violent crime they would either learn there lesson early on in life, or have less opportunity on the outside to commit crime.

Now prisons certainly need to be reformed, basically into a penal version of schools. And sentences need to be reformed: If your sentenced to 5 years that's the very minimum you serve for good behaviour, plus completing a certain level of academic achievement. Bad behaviour or drug taking or failing to learn to a minimum standard adds to your sentence.

Now, this does mean a lot more money on the penal system, and a lot more prisons. But this is one of the very few areas that I feel warrant it. Besides, if you chop the money we spend on international development you could quadruple the money we spend on prisons. Not a hard choice in my book.

P.S. I never miss the point. If I don't bother to acknowledge it it is because its not a very good one.

Ok, yes, fine, BUT...

You don't solve the problem of an overly liberal judicial system by being selectively more liberal to tabloid characters.

You do it by enforcing sentences, on him, and others. The moment you start arguing exemptions you end up perpetuating the exact problem you describe. Each of of those scumbags you mention were at the time their individual case discussed a 'special' case too.

So yes, Biggs should die in prison since he opted to bypass his term. As for all these young hoods stabbing and shooting people, they should go to jail and stay there until they are old men.

What's more every single murder, stabbing thug, always without any exceptions have a string of previous convictions. If they severed serious terms for any violent crime they would either learn there lesson early on in life, or have less opportunity on the outside to commit crime.

Now prisons certainly need to be reformed, basically into a penal version of schools. And sentences need to be reformed: If your sentenced to 5 years that's the very minimum you serve for good behaviour, plus completing a certain level of academic achievement. Bad behaviour or drug taking or failing to learn to a minimum standard adds to your sentence.

Now, this does mean a lot more money on the penal system, and a lot more prisons. But this is one of the very few areas that I feel warrant it. Besides, if you chop the money we spend on international development you could quadruple the money we spend on prisons. Not a hard choice in my book.

P.S. I never miss the point. If I don't bother to acknowledge it it is because its not a very good one.

Welcome to the forum. You better get used to this though! :lol:

You'll probably be placed on 'ignore' now by 'the supersleuth'! :rolleyes:

Biggs' biggest error was in targeting the Royal Mail- the queen's property being worth so much more than mine, and all.

I understand that his family consider that he should be in a nursing home and it would probably be best all round if he was, is my humble opinion.

A society should be judged by how it treats it's weakest members - the old, the sick and the criminal*. Justice should be tempered with mercy. Unfortunately, justice is no longer blind and mercy has extended to gross freedom.

As usual, we have the knack of banging up those that least deserve it while those that should be banged up or seriously punished are let off.

While we effectively run debtors prisons (non-payment of TV license/Council tax=jail time) and let people off under the human rights legislation which totally undermines the UK legal system - we have had it.

Funny how all the corrupt porkers / bankers at the trough will use the system to their own ends yet decry Biggs.

My pennyworth, Biggs is too old and sick to keep inside as he is no danger to the public. He'd better have a change of heart though for what he has done, for I wouldn't want to be in his shoes when he (soon) meets his maker.

[* Before I start a flame war, it takes a lot more strength of character to do a 9-5:30 job you hate to feed your family than to knock off a bank. Oh - Darn it - We are back to the pokers again .....]

If you burgle a house, steal treasured momentos, and have a wee and a dump on a man and wife's bed, you can expect probation.

If you steal some bits of paper from the Queen, you can expect thirty years.

Is it just me?

Guest AuntJess
Ok, yes, fine, BUT...

Until they are dead, surely? If Biggs has to stay inside, for a non-violent role in the crime, those sorts of scumbags should only leave in a pine box.

Agreed.

Lucky you, I make mistakes and can own them. Never met anyone like you before who never made an error.

Don't get so defensive ducks, it is only an I/N forum, not the witness box. :)