House Price Crash Forum

Thames Water Meter

HOLA441

I had a water meter installed in my flat today as the theiving burgers were charging me £280 year for a single person living alone.

Problem is is now tastes bloody awful now it's running through the meter. I'm hoping the greasy taste goes away after a few days. I've had a shower and run the washing machine so plenty enough has gone though to flush it.

Any one else had the same issue when installing a meter?

also: rang up Thames water to check out how to manage the account now and and was told I still had to pay this months installment in advance and oh, did I want to set up the remaining payments as a direct debit.

It took me a good several sentences (repeated) for me to explain to the person on the other end that there was not much point me putting a meter in if I was still going to pay the rateable value in installments. :blink:

Think I'll be lucky to get my £27 back I think.

HOLA442
I had a water meter installed in my flat today as the theiving burgers were charging me £280 year for a single person living alone.

Problem is is now tastes bloody awful now it's running through the meter. I'm hoping the greasy taste goes away after a few days. I've had a shower and run the washing machine so plenty enough has gone though to flush it.

Any one else had the same issue when installing a meter?

We had this horrible-tasting-tap-water thing (tasted of TCP mouthwash) after installing a new washing machine. It turned out that some trifling non-return valve (or similar) hadn't been put in. Plumber came back, did little job, problem solved. Not a word of apology.

Water board told me correctly what the problem was the second I mentioned a bad taste. Try calling Customer Services.

Just may be same problem.

Archived