House Price Crash Forum

Monthly Measure - July 2009

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Thanks Scottbeard - bedtime bump to make sure I get the nightshift!!!

Edit - Just for fun it seems the Inf/Def debate rages on while the LibDems & Conserv's never sleep!

Edited by sbn

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
I didn't like having to choose between inflationista and deflationista as I believe we will see several years deflation then inflation.

Good point -I will try to reword - Apologies everyone - I was never going to get it right first time

HOLA448
HOLA449
I didn't like having to choose between inflationista and deflationista as I believe we will see several years deflation then inflation.

that's also what a lot of the inflationaista's think, although perhaps not several years. I think it's a general medium to long term view. I think everyone now agrees that deflation in property, wages & motor vehicle's but inflation in basic living costs.

we are experiencing bi-flation at the moment imo. A term I first came across from a poster called narco on here in early 2007.

Edited by grumpy-old-man-returns

HOLA4410
Excellent, thanks - would you mind doing a chart after you've got a few months' data.

Of course!

Some other points....

I will try and keep it not too far from the front page for 24 hours - to get a good sample of everyone. After that - I will stop bumping it.

I will try to provide previous months data in the first post - so comparisons can be easily made.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Good point -I will try to reword - Apologies everyone - I was never going to get it right first time

Yes, I am of the deflation then inflation persuasion but the poll specifed 18 months so had to plump for deflation

Edited by CHF

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Nice idea, this. The only part I've a vague problem is the "inflation \ deflation" question, as (as others have said) I think the picture's likely to get more than slightly complicated in a few years time, and those options don't really cover it, especially when it comes to the key area in relation to this site - income less tax and all essentials excluding housing (i.e. money to pay mortgages wiv).

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Midday bump

Also the thread title will indicate the month - so theres no confusion.

If the first of the month falls on a Weekend, I will run the poll on the 1st workday thereafter - dont want the weekend wierdos to skew the results!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423