House Price Crash Forum

Berlin - 10 Year Rental Contracts

HOLA441

Dear all,

Since my last scried on 10 Jan I have paid for OS to be my agency of service. OS has confirmed that K did not pay the rent in Nov. I suspect K is Dr O in disguise and each time their cash flow becomes a real problem they dont pay us rent.

Now OS and me are pals I have finally got my mortgage provider alli off my back.

OS has recommended a new accountant for my 2009 return and they are costing under 300E. This is a saving 400E on the Irish company, recommended by CFP, which I used last year cause they charged me 700E. So the OS bill has paid for itself already.

I've had to prop up my mortgage account by transferring 500E to alli. At least the £ has strengthened a bit against the E so it did not cost me as much in £ terms.

Dericag - thanks or the info. I dont understand your 7% rent/property value calculation, but hey-ho such is life. I see you are talking about cost per metre. I am not used to this type of calc. I think my pad is 70m2 and it cost me 101k E. I am not sure of its value now and see no point worrying about it until the chains come off my alli mortgage in 2012. Besides I have enough problems trying to get the property to break even right now without worrying about taking a hit on its market value.

Keith

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Dear all,

Since my last scried on 10 Jan I have paid for OS to be my agency of service. OS has confirmed that K did not pay the rent in Nov. I suspect K is Dr O in disguise and each time their cash flow becomes a real problem they dont pay us rent.

Now OS and me are pals I have finally got my mortgage provider alli off my back.

OS has recommended a new accountant for my 2009 return and they are costing under 300E. This is a saving 400E on the Irish company, recommended by CFP, which I used last year cause they charged me 700E. So the OS bill has paid for itself already.

I've had to prop up my mortgage account by transferring 500E to alli. At least the £ has strengthened a bit against the E so it did not cost me as much in £ terms.

Dericag - thanks or the info. I dont understand your 7% rent/property value calculation, but hey-ho such is life. I see you are talking about cost per metre. I am not used to this type of calc. I think my pad is 70m2 and it cost me 101k E. I am not sure of its value now and see no point worrying about it until the chains come off my alli mortgage in 2012. Besides I have enough problems trying to get the property to break even right now without worrying about taking a hit on its market value.

Keith

HOLA443

Dear all,

Keith

K and the Dr.O. service office in Berlin have the same adress,the same phone number,and there are the same people

HOLA444

Hi all. I think my note last week got lost completely. My flat is in Charlottenberg and I have not managed to get any information out of anyone since last August. I have a feeling that everybody is shut down. Received a letter from OS offering some accounting services. What is the general experience - any chance of getting information without going to Berlin? Or if going - who is best contactable?

HOLA445
HOLA446

Dear all,

Keith

Most overseas investors are looking at 5%-7% rental yield and I think that is why 7% was used in the valuation calulation

Tax consulting service should cost about 250-300E and OS has given u a good deal, 700E is way too much. Good job OS

Can I ask who is managing your property and is rental coming in as I am really concerned the business relationshop between Dr O and Mr K?

In fact, I did raise Mr K issue to PS in December and he has given a certain level of assurance not to be worried but it doesnt seem so to me now.

HOLA447

Hi all. I think my note last week got lost completely. My flat is in Charlottenberg and I have not managed to get any information out of anyone since last August. I have a feeling that everybody is shut down. Received a letter from OS offering some accounting services. What is the general experience - any chance of getting information without going to Berlin? Or if going - who is best contactable?

Charlottenberg, nice and cool place !!!!!

Get in contact with your solicitor or a solicitor asap.

My experience is bad but still manageable and life goes on

Maybe u get in contact with OS or have a chat with him cos he is rather familiar with the entire situation but I am not sure excatly what kind of services is he providing.

I did previous post this question to one of the members but there was no respond to it

HOLA448

Charlottenberg, nice and cool place !!!!!

Get in contact with your solicitor or a solicitor asap.

My experience is bad but still manageable and life goes on

Maybe u get in contact with OS or have a chat with him cos he is rather familiar with the entire situation but I am not sure excatly what kind of services is he providing.

I did previous post this question to one of the members but there was no respond to it

My 2 places is as well in charlottenburg (Schlosspark Carree )

have direct phone numbers for berlin and DR O where you get immediate answers , but as well running everything through a solicitor ,

Here based in London if you are in London let me know when can talk or if you need can supply you everything via E-mail just not sure how i can place my e-mail or number here to contact me

HOLA449

Thanks. I am in London - would be nice to have a chat. I left my e-mail address in my profile but it does not seem to show. It is on h o t m a i l. Have the old members found direct contacts? I will try s i s m 2 0 0 0.

Charlottenberg is a nice place. My apartment is on Kamminer. I did not get inside but the house looked nice. As I mentioned, OS is now advertising the tax advisors. I am not sure if it is worth talking to him.

Will be grateful if manage to get in touch.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Thanks. I am in London - would be nice to have a chat. I left my e-mail address in my profile but it does not seem to show. It is on h o t m a i l. Have the old members found direct contacts? I will try s i s m 2 0 0 0.

Charlottenberg is a nice place. My apartment is on Kamminer. I did not get inside but the house looked nice. As I mentioned, OS is now advertising the tax advisors. I am not sure if it is worth talking to him.

Edited by dericag

HOLA4413

I want to be there too!!!!

I am still staying at Westminster as well but will be only arriving in london after 18th of Feb

HOLA4414

That's not very good news. Did anyone try to in contact with PS??

Sent him 2 emails for past 1 week still havent heard from him

Hi guys, I spoke to PS yesterday morning

Apparently, Mr K is taking over Dr O operation and that's why they have same address and telephone . He also mention that this is just a transition period and there will a meeting with mr k and hopefully there will be more update from there

HOLA4415

I want to be there too!!!!

I am still staying at Westminster as well but will be only arriving in london after 18th of Feb

open to meet anybody else wants to join to meet up in london either this week or the week dericag mentioned please advise or post interest

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Dericag. We both left messages in your box. Have a look. I will be glad to meet with whoever can - to see which way to move.

Sent you and newlon a msg and left my contact number to your hotmail address

we shall keep in contact via sms as I have no direct access to the internet for the first 1 week in london

Looking forward to seeing you guys.

I really hope other members could join us too

Edited by dericag

HOLA4418

Even though you'll be in contact with people nearby. Please continue to post any updates on the forum. We missed the Summer meetings in Belfast and no others have been posted on the forum so this is the only contact we have with others who bought in Berlin.

Many thanks.

HOLA4419

Even though you'll be in contact with people nearby. Please continue to post any updates on the forum. We missed the Summer meetings in Belfast and no others have been posted on the forum so this is the only contact we have with others who bought in Berlin.

Many thanks.

Good news. So sorry that I have made a mistake with one of my earlier posts. As per below-mentioned , I have been receiving rental income from Kapall management and hope you have received them too. Glad everything is back on track !!!!

19/02 FUNDS IN 3005368

SEPA KAPALL PRO GER EUR

26/01 FUNDS IN 3002078

SEPA KAPALI PRO GER EUR

HOLA4420

in January Tuev checked our flat and confirmed that almost nothing happend in the flat since the tenant left(only a protectswitch in the electric system was changed) UTB fixed the faults and refurbished the flat in a condition to be rent.Now I got a bill(375 Euro!!) from Tuev for the work they should have done October 2009.Anyway, I have a new tenant,a new flat managment, the first rent on my account and I left DR O and his friends.I didn´t join the rent pool of K because they are very near to DR.O and the service is very slow.After the so-called modernisation in October there was no activity to find a new tenant.The Broker/Agent(recommended by the new flat managment)visited the flat and the next day the rent advertisement was in the internet.One week later there was a new tenant.The cold rent is 6,5Euro/sqm.The managment fee is 24,5Euro+Tax.I hope they will do a better work than K.

HOLA4421

in January Tuev checked our flat and confirmed that almost nothing happend in the flat since the tenant left(only a protectswitch in the electric system was changed) UTB fixed the faults and refurbished the flat in a condition to be rent.Now I got a bill(375 Euro!!) from Tuev for the work they should have done October 2009.Anyway, I have a new tenant,a new flat managment, the first rent on my account and I left DR O and his friends.I didn´t join the rent pool of K because they are very near to DR.O and the service is very slow.After the so-called modernisation in October there was no activity to find a new tenant.The Broker/Agent(recommended by the new flat managment)visited the flat and the next day the rent advertisement was in the internet.One week later there was a new tenant.The cold rent is 6,5Euro/sqm.The managment fee is 24,5Euro+Tax.I hope they will do a better work than K.

Hey there ,

just looking into a new company or k can you please give me details off the new company ?

have sent e-mail address to your account

Edited by newlon

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

dericag, did you find out if your modernisation had been done properly?

I have not received any information from my solicitor about the modernisation.

Attended the meeting in london and there were 10 of us and what a great turn up and a good way to share and exchange information and contacts

I think i am going to take Matt's advise, basically to contact Kapall directly and requesting for the following document

1) MOT or TS report

2) proof of billing for the modernsation

3) tendancy agreement

4) arrange for a site visit or inspection

5) a copy of management contract between me and kapall - bacsically to find the terms and conditions and termination clause

Edited by dericag

HOLA4424

was great all to meet yesterday now we have to move forward

will get aswell my management contract with K and look at the small print .

no real proof received about the renovation from either Dr-O or K

are we ok with BGW or what is our contract with them

Checking out Estate agent who are putting your flat up for rent free of charge if possible (if needed )

Please advise if anybody else wants to come to the next meeting

any other question that are arising for discussion

HOLA4425

was great all to meet yesterday now we have to move forward

will get aswell my management contract with K and look at the small print .

no real proof received about the renovation from either Dr-O or K

are we ok with BGW or what is our contract with them

Checking out Estate agent who are putting your flat up for rent free of charge if possible (if needed )

Please advise if anybody else wants to come to the next meeting

any other question that are arising for discussion