House Price Crash Forum

Immigrants Take 70% Of New Uk Jobs

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was the wrong decision of the mod that moved it. Immigration and jobs is very ontopic for house prices. But whatever, a year ago I never even looked in off topic. Now days a lot of interesting stuff ends up in here.

So it's ok to talk about nationalism, but not to seek justification for those views?

Nevermind anyway, this thread got off topic, mine get About housepricecrash.co.uk. Weird.

Here is my experience of the recession in the 90's, pre internet 1995, i was out of work for 6 months, most of the spare jobs back then seemed to go to Australian and NZ workers, that had the qualifications many Brits did not.

My GF from NZ a secretary back then was on a salary of 20K and I was applying for 12K starter jobs because there was nothing around. What does this tell us.

Plenty of jobs that should be going to Brits are going to a large proportion of Australians and NZ's check out the stats, British schools are teaching the wrong skills, zero vocational study.

We can't stop people coming to the UK to work from the EU, if we did that, then we wouldn't be allowed to work in the EU.

The problem is immigration beyond the EU, and we all know why you can't criticise that becaue everybody would be screaming the R word at you for even suggesting it.

Stop criticising what is acceptable nowadays i.e. hard working Eastern Europeans, get your facts right and tackle the real problem if you are brave enough.

It's a myth that people from other parts of Europe are harder working than the Brits when they come to Britain to work. There are lazy people in all countries.

It could be said that the lazy people stay in their birth country where the hard working leave for better opportunities. <_<

I always send work offshore now, why pay some lazy Brit £20 an hour when an Indian will do the same work, often better and faster for £1.00 an hour!

No brainer really.

I make more profit and therefore pay more tax so everyone's a winner.

No its not a no brainer, and everyone else is a loser and not a winner.

What happens is that the costs of offshoring the work are spread among the rest of society while you take the benefit which accrues from it. Overall its a net negative for the uk, but you dont see that since the costs are not born directly by you, but by everyone else.

For example think about our trade deficit, which is 3 billion a month. That is every month we owe foreigners another 3 billion pounds because we import more goods/services than we export. Now if individuals such as yourself were not offshoring every chance you got, how much better would this figure be, do you think?

Think before you post.

People on minimum wage can still claim some benefits, so either way the DSS is going to pick up the tab for lower wages, aka taxpayers. The employers know that the benefits system is heavily means-tested and apparently prevents homelessness etc (a load of bunk quite frankly), and they'll take advantage of it to bridge the gap.

It could be said that the lazy people stay in their birth country where the hard working leave for better opportunities. <_<

I think the majority of people stay in their birth country. The "hard working immigrants" mantra that's repeated like a broken record by the neo-liberal press does get rather wearing after the ten billionth repetition because it simply isn't true. There are many people entering the UK who don't immediately start work and who claim benefits.

Yes but it is always a case of "Wrong man beating up the guy" to borrow a quote from a Bowie song.

The immigrants that are lazy and don't work are the very ones that are protected by the liberal press and the ones that do come here and work are attacked by the same elements in the British Press, the motive, you can see that it is a ploy to leave immigrants alone, the hard working ones are setting too good an example, also they can be criticised because they are white europeans.

Fake or just plain ridiculous asylum claims are a problem, because theyre not allowed to work and get priority on housing, if necessary the councils seem prepared to pay for 8-bed places at £130,000 a year - one example I know of: an Afghan woman and her children were given this as part of their welfare package in the Ealing area of London. Even the councillors were saying it was ridiculous, they had a 4-bed before and managed fine.

Fake or just plain ridiculous asylum claims are a problem, because theyre not allowed to work and get priority on housing, if necessary the councils seem prepared to pay for 8-bed places at £130,000 a year - one example I know of: an Afghan woman and her children were given this as part of their welfare package in the Ealing area of London. Even the councillors were saying it was ridiculous, they had a 4-bed before and managed fine.

These people should be sent to places where no one wants to live, like Wales for instance, not put up in our Capital.

These people should be sent to places where no one wants to live, like Wales for instance, not put up in our Capital.

Well unfortunately they entered at Heathrow, so they were housed locally. Wales would have been more cost-effective, certainly.

Well unfortunately they entered at Heathrow, so they were housed locally. Wales would have been more cost-effective, certainly.

Heathrow is a hub, the logic of housing somebody near the hub is as daft as saying that if I want to fly to Dubai and I happen to live in Bristol, then I should charter my own aeroplane, take off in my back garden and fly it to Dubai.

Heathrow is a hub, the logic of housing somebody near the hub is as daft as saying that if I want to fly to Dubai and I happen to live in Bristol, then I should charter my own aeroplane, take off in my back garden and fly it to Dubai.

Social housing\homelessness shelter etc is always provided on a "local connection" basis. Since they always were in London from the point of arrival in 2000...you get the idea.

Quite possible.

I work with many Polish people and find them to be generally all hardworking and have a good attitude to work in terms of quality and personal development.

Part of the UK problem is that this PC government and soft liberal education system has broken the work ethic in the 'Iwant it now' generation. They will not do what they consider menial tasks that are beneath what their careers teacher told them they would do following getting their degree in modern social hairology, from University College that used to be a college.

Quite right. The number of illegal workers is an unreported problem. This 70% statistic is a diversion away from the real problem.

Guest AuntJess

Don't think the Welsh would care for that. Send 'em to Scotland. If they perchance started a ruck they'd get sorted! :P

No, No, No. Those of us who live in Wales do not want the London's problems. It has been London's particular circumstancesw which have encouraged and enabled immigration. London has burned its ar**, now it can sit onthe blisters.

Prosperity cannot be built on poverty. Subtract debt from the equation and UK workers could never survive.

The great crunch is with us now. If taxpaying workers can't get paid well the economy will keep spiralling down.

Only solution is to stop immigration from outside the EU.

EU freedom of movement has to remain. If you take that away, you have to take away free trade as well. Not a good idea.

Prosperity cannot be built on poverty. Subtract debt from the equation and UK workers could never survive.

The great crunch is with us now. If taxpaying workers can't get paid well the economy will keep spiralling down.

Only solution is to stop immigration from outside the EU.

EU freedom of movement has to remain. If you take that away, you have to take away free trade as well. Not a good idea.

Why? We've had trade agreements in Europe for a long time (EEC) without freedom of movement?

While we're on statistics,

Nearly a quarter of Londoners and one in seven people nationwide believe in creationism -

I know I've no proof but that is almost entirely down to immigration.

Also,

One in five Londoners had never even heard of Darwin

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/f...icle6610938.ece

Its the logical consequence of allowing your country to be overrun by backwards invaders.

Archived