House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KingCharles1st

Tales From The Front Line Take 2

Guest KingCharles1st

I was speaking with my business landlord yesterday- two people have gone, the new one next door has paid 1k deposit, left some stuff and then done a runner immediately

So two new people are coming in to the estate this week- a landscape gardener- due Monday- never showed.

Another business person that runs a flower shop in a reasonably large North Herts Market town, and currently paying 16K per year rent etc for the shop, lease coming to an end though and wants cheaper premises. So how much did he take in his business last Saturday... go on- have a guess- flower sales totaled-

->

->

->

-> 47 pence- YEP-- 47 PENCE!!!!! :blink:

So my ex's neighbours, bought a huge Letchworthian House a few years ago- him- retired IFA, now works with staff placements for Blue Chip companies, Her- runs an employment agency- always taking holidays, buying toys etc. Basically one of his deals used to pay for an awful lot of mortgage.

So they moved out yesterday, down to Cornwall- even took their daughter out of Private School... renting the place out- says business has fallen off a cliff.

So tonight I get an e-mail from Herts Jobs- I get one every few days, but tonight- I doubt if there are more than 10 Sales/Marketing jobs in all of the North Herts area.

It's like driving a car- knowing you are about to run out of petrol miles from anywhere, you are cruising along really slowly, trying to conserve the last drops of fuel, and you are waiting for the spluttering and shuddering, and then the silence...

Edited by KingCharles1st

It's like driving a car- knowing you are about to run out of petrol miles from anywhere, you are cruising along really slowly, trying to conserve the last drops of fuel, and you are waiting for the spluttering and shuddering, and then the silence...

Nice metaphor!

47p - what is that? One flower?

On a similar note a neighbour has a BTL which she said she has just stopped paying mortgage and service charge on. Does not know what will happen but just cannot afford it any more.

Also noticed, as I am currently out of work, how many other neighbours are also around all day ...

Thats reminds me of when I took the family on holiday to Snowdon. :(