Default On Rents Rising

Guest An Bearin Bui
So where do you go once the council kick you out :lol:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/latestne...cted.5417015.jp

Choice A. Sleep rough.

Choice B. A Tent.

Choice C. A Caravan.

Choice D. ?

Yeah, homeless losers! Homelessness cracks me up, especially when it's to do with the poorest people in society who can't even afford subsidised social housing. Nothing could be funnier... :lol:

Repossession of the mortgaged homes of the middle class who could easily afford to rent privately is a national tragedy, however, and requires an immediate government bailout. Such people are just trying to give their families a better life by borrowing money. The mortgage protection programme should be extended - it's a national scandal that only 6 people have been helped so far... :rolleyes:

That is a terrible attitude Bearín,

you forgot to mention the help that those brave captains of industry - the Buy To Let entrepreneurs -

they are such an important part of the economy - so successful, honest and savvy that they should be protected at all costs.

So where do you go once the council kick you out :lol:

Choice D. Stirling (google it!)

In reality, because you are deemed to have made yourself homeless, that council has no obligation to house you. All the other councils still do however, so you just move to the next region. Simples

Edited by AThirdWay

In reality, because you are deemed to have made yourself homeless, that council has no obligation to house you. All the other councils still do however, so you just move to the next region. Simples

D'ya know what would be swell.

A function allowing you to ignore any post, no matter how cogent, containing that b*stard word "Simples".

It simply won't die! A couple more months of this and they'll bang it in the OED :angry:

Sorry AThirdWay, nowt personal...

A function allowing you to ignore any post, no matter how cogent, containing that b*stard word "Simples".

It simply won't die! A couple more months of this and they'll bang it in the OED :angry:

I am over 35. Can someone tell me what the plural of "simple" actually means?

Genuine question.

I am over 35. Can someone tell me what the plural of "simple" actually means?

Genuine question.

Wikipedia has a very informative article on simples. Here's a small extract:

Mirroring the Special Composition Question is the Simple Question (see Markosian 1998). It asks what the jointly necessary and sufficient conditions are for x to be a mereological simple. In the literature this question explicitly concerns what it is for a material object to lack proper parts, although there is no reason why similar questions cannot be asked of things from other ontological categories.

There have been many suggested answers to the Simple Question. Answers include that x is a simple if and only it is a point-sized object; that x is a simple if and only if it is indivisible; or that x is a simple if and only if it is maximally continuous. Kris McDaniel has argued that what it is for an object to be a simple is a matter of brute fact, and that there is no non-trivial answer to the Simple Question (2007b).

If you read the whole thing all your questions will be answered.

It is ridiculous, isn't it? A man in his forties picking up a word from an advertising campaign. I must be a simple(s)ton!

The funny thing is, I hate the little stretched out rat! :D