HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

You missed the best bit when he said that the Conservatives were planning spending cuts because they predict that unemployment will rise! Therefore the Conservatives are the party of unemployment not like Labour!

Now, according to Labour's own plans, they will have to cut spending in most departments by at least 13% and if those predictions are made on the basis of falling unemployment then God knows how bad it will really be. Gordon Brown is utterly shameless.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

What's going on?

I am no fan of Gordon B with his meddling in things that the Government shouldnt get involved in.

But is everyone having a pop at someone who just befuddled his words a bit?

I am also aghast at the idea that you should cut spending during a recession/depression. And the Tories are saying that they are going to make deeper cuts?

Spending cuts in this sort of a recession is complete madness. Save the spending cuts for the upturn.

HOLA4415
What's going on?

I am no fan of Gordon B with his meddling in things that the Government shouldnt get involved in.

But is everyone having a pop at someone who just befuddled his words a bit?

I am also aghast at the idea that you should cut spending during a recession/depression. And the Tories are saying that they are going to make deeper cuts?

Spending cuts in this sort of a recession is complete madness. Save the spending cuts for the upturn.

Spending is fine if you have money.

Not so smart if you have already maxxed out all your credit cards and exceeded your overdraft.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Spending is fine if you have money.

Not so smart if you have already maxxed out all your credit cards and exceeded your overdraft.

This doesnt apply to the UK government. They have quite a bit of latitude to spend, government borrowing as a percentage of GDP is a lot lower than most industrialised countries, though it is rising fast.

And of course, you can print money if you are the government. It is non-inflationary too in certain circumstances.

But you have to be prepared to jam on the brakes, slash spending, stop printing, etc, when economic activity starts to pick up again. Alas, our politicians find that all too difficult.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
You missed the best bit when he said that the Conservatives were planning spending cuts because they predict that unemployment will rise! Therefore the Conservatives are the party of unemployment not like Labour!

Now, according to Labour's own plans, they will have to cut spending in most departments by at least 13% and if those predictions are made on the basis of falling unemployment then God knows how bad it will really be. Gordon Brown is utterly shameless.

I have that clip - it will be put into a compilation of his best crazy bits to 'I'm going slightly mad' by Queen

HOLA4424
Guest sillybear2
Agreed. It's quite scary how off the rails this bloke is.

To be fair Gordy has grown used to watching opinion polls persistently fall since he took office, so a figure like 0% or 'no change' would make him pi$$ his pants with glee.

HOLA4425

I saw it live on the lap top in my office this morning (still no work)..............it made Ed Balls look brill..............i was totally stuned...........he can't have much time now, next Bi election?

Mike