House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crown

Panic Over Gordon Brown Thinks A 0% Increase Is Growth

How I chuckled, "0% growth in spending" delivered in the typical tub thumping way he blusters through everthing.

General Election Now!

I'm feeling a tad sorry for him now he is so out of his depth its embarrassing for him not to mention the country.but at least he has washed his hair

You missed the best bit when he said that the Conservatives were planning spending cuts because they predict that unemployment will rise! Therefore the Conservatives are the party of unemployment not like Labour!

Now, according to Labour's own plans, they will have to cut spending in most departments by at least 13% and if those predictions are made on the basis of falling unemployment then God knows how bad it will really be. Gordon Brown is utterly shameless.

Just another example of how Labour abuse the language, two other classics are negative growth or positive falls.

Isn't that the BBC.......oh sorry you're right :P

What's going on?

I am no fan of Gordon B with his meddling in things that the Government shouldnt get involved in.

But is everyone having a pop at someone who just befuddled his words a bit?

I am also aghast at the idea that you should cut spending during a recession/depression. And the Tories are saying that they are going to make deeper cuts?

Spending cuts in this sort of a recession is complete madness. Save the spending cuts for the upturn.

What's going on?

I am no fan of Gordon B with his meddling in things that the Government shouldnt get involved in.

But is everyone having a pop at someone who just befuddled his words a bit?

I am also aghast at the idea that you should cut spending during a recession/depression. And the Tories are saying that they are going to make deeper cuts?

Spending cuts in this sort of a recession is complete madness. Save the spending cuts for the upturn.

Spending is fine if you have money.

Not so smart if you have already maxxed out all your credit cards and exceeded your overdraft.

We already had the upturn and he spent like mad. Will there be an another upturn?

Spending is fine if you have money.

Not so smart if you have already maxxed out all your credit cards and exceeded your overdraft.

This doesnt apply to the UK government. They have quite a bit of latitude to spend, government borrowing as a percentage of GDP is a lot lower than most industrialised countries, though it is rising fast.

And of course, you can print money if you are the government. It is non-inflationary too in certain circumstances.

But you have to be prepared to jam on the brakes, slash spending, stop printing, etc, when economic activity starts to pick up again. Alas, our politicians find that all too difficult.

This doesnt apply to the UK government. They have quite a bit of latitude to spend, government borrowing as a percentage of GDP is a lot lower than most industrialised countries, though it is rising fast.

Nope, you've forgotten to include PFI.

You missed the best bit when he said that the Conservatives were planning spending cuts because they predict that unemployment will rise! Therefore the Conservatives are the party of unemployment not like Labour!

Now, according to Labour's own plans, they will have to cut spending in most departments by at least 13% and if those predictions are made on the basis of falling unemployment then God knows how bad it will really be. Gordon Brown is utterly shameless.

I have that clip - it will be put into a compilation of his best crazy bits to 'I'm going slightly mad' by Queen

Guest sillybear2
Agreed. It's quite scary how off the rails this bloke is.

To be fair Gordy has grown used to watching opinion polls persistently fall since he took office, so a figure like 0% or 'no change' would make him pi$$ his pants with glee.

I saw it live on the lap top in my office this morning (still no work)..............it made Ed Balls look brill..............i was totally stuned...........he can't have much time now, next Bi election?

Mike