House Price Crash Forum
eric pebble

We Must Break The Bonds Of Economic Slavery And Find A New Way To Live

We must break the bonds of economic slavery and find a new way to live

The economics of slavery may have been a thing of the past, but the slavery of economics is very much of the present.

Good stuff: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment...ay-to-live.html

Yes, written by one of the big-wigs at Lazards - displaying a level of hypocrisy the existence of which I had hitherto only suspected. <_<

Yes, written by one of the big-wigs at Lazards - displaying a level of hypocrisy the existence of which I had hitherto only suspected. <_<

:lol:

The search for the moral argument that will get the general public to swallow the bankers losses is afoot!

I wasn't impressed by the article. The author did not suggest any fundamental reform to our monetary system, or analyse the logic of a world where more money is owed to banks than the sum of positive credit balances in existence.

Instead he thinks that some undefined "morality" is the lacking ingredient to resolve the problems we face.

But how can "morality" change the fact that our monetary system is a ponzi scheme relying on loans being taken out to pay the interest on past loans?

The problem is mathematical and logical, not moral. So must the solution be.

I wasn't impressed by the article. The author did not suggest any fundamental reform to our monetary system, or analyse the logic of a world where more money is owed to banks than the sum of positive credit balances in existence.

Instead he thinks that some undefined "morality" is the lacking ingredient to resolve the problems we face.

But how can "morality" change the fact that our monetary system is a ponzi scheme relying on loans being taken out to pay the interest on past loans?

The problem is mathematical and logical, not moral. So must the solution be.

When peopel felt morally obliged to pay the banks back, the banks could pile debt sky high.

Now people don't give two hoots about going pop on any moral level, they'll do it, limiting the banks ability to turn us all into forelock tuggers. From the banks/state point of view, what's gone wrong is that the debt serfs haven't put their shoulder to the wheel as expected - by now we are supposed to have invented something new/worked harder/pledged more of our futures to pay the debt back.

Guest KingCharles1st

Yep Eric I agree- give those bankers, city traders & politicians 10 years on the allotments with all the carrots they can eat!

No- on second thoughts- 10,000 % carrot inflation don't sound good

Edited by KingCharles1st

Yep Eric I agree- give those bankers, city traders & politicians 10 years on the allotments with all the carrots they can eat!

No- on second thoughts- 10,000 % carrot inflation don't sound good

Follow the trail.... and it ALWAYS goes back to the Moneylenders/Banksters....... EVERY TIME.

The article was a good example of someone typing a lot, but saying little

I'm sure he got paid for it though, and that really is the spirit of our times ;)

The article was a good example of someone typing a lot, but saying little

I'm sure he got paid for it though, and that really is the spirit of our times ;)

Yep.

I guess he's just another god botherer who is talking the talk rather than walking the walk.

Let's break the bonds of greed and materialism by giving up greed and materialism.....but not just yet.

Yep.

I guess he's just another god botherer who is talking the talk rather than walking the walk.

Let's break the bonds of greed and materialism by giving up greed and materialism.....but not just yet.

Blimey! People are being very hard on this guy! :P:blink:

The author did not suggest any fundamental reform to our monetary system, or analyse the logic of a world where more money is owed to banks than the sum of positive credit balances in existence.

Erm.... this is wrong. Money balances, give or a take a few billion for counterfeiting.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Erm.... this is wrong. Money balances, give or a take a few billion for counterfeiting.

Why do the banks need so much more from Auntie Quantitative Easing then?

Jeez. We deregulated banking and all hell broke loose. The answer is better bank regulation, not "a new moral spirit that will re-humanise our social, political and economic structures". Its not rocket science ffs! What a pants article.

Want to get rid of economic slavery.. first step is getting rid of the bankers fractional reserve banking, and replacing the system with social credit.

Second step is to recognize that liberalism cannot have morality. One of the fundamental principles of liberalism is that every choice/lifestyle/culture is equally valid. Eg.. all cultures are equal in all ways.

The trouble with money is it has been allowed to corrupt too many people and the honest one get pushed out and now we are at the stage that where these people have become so greedy that they will fight amoungt themselves.

Who can you turn to ? Govermen or the judges and police they control or the people that are as tired of this as you are.

http://godatwork.org.uk/about-ken-costa

Not hard enough Eric.

Believing that you have been 'saved' and are therefore superior is the ultimate ego trip. 'Who you are' then justifies all your actions. (see Bush, Blair, Brown)

so after 30 years of working at the highest levels for greedy evil investment banks, he's now become 'illuminated' and tries to save souls??!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

He ain't no mother theresa, that's for sure...

Edited by wise_eagle

so after 30 years of working at the highest levels for greedy evil investment banks, he's now become 'illuminated' and tries to save souls??!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

He ain't no mother theresa, that's for sure...

Mother Theresa ain't no Mother Theresa either.

Hint: read about her real life, rather than the PR machine.

Edited by MarkG

Indentured labourers were often worse off than the actual slaves.

I couldn't be bothered to read most of that long-winded article.

I noticed this bit:

The challenge is clear. We can, today, start to articulate the basis for a new moral spirit that will re-humanise our social, political and economic structures. Spur us on to create wealth, add value through our work, enjoy the benefits for taking risk and to do so with a good conscience.

Sounds like a load of hypocritical, more of the same but let's pretend we're better waffle.

I've read this article a few times now, he doesn't actually say anything.

I believe that the big momentum of our times is widespread longing to live a fully integrated life marked by personal fulfilment and service to others. The moral spirit enables us to enjoy life, to add value through our work, to enjoy the benefits of financial reward while remaining responsive to the needs of others

It sort of sounds like it should be profound but it doesn't mean anything.

I feel a bit sorry for Mr Costa, he has clearly been surrounded by sycophants to such a degree that he actually had the nerve to send off this foolish bundle of empty platitudes and truisms to a national newspaper under his own name.

The figures Rowbotham gives in his 1998 book "The Grip of Death" are that in 1996 the money stock measured by cash + credit balances was 680 billion while outstanding debt to banks was 780 billion.

He says that these figures come from the BoE, but I was unable to find a reference. I accept that this is a weakness - and I do not have time now to reserarch the question -but I highly recommend the book in spite of this.

Do you have any source for your assertion?