House Price Crash Forum
Goat

Mods, Have You Banned The Trolls?

Hamish now listed as troll and Rinoa seems to have disappeared completely; have you banned them? If so, when's the next pub meet? :lol:

Hamish now listed as troll and Rinoa seems to have disappeared completely; have you banned them? If so, when's the next pub meet? :lol:

Great, now we can all sit here agreeing on how right we are.

I liked a bit of debate, and people always have the option of the ignore function if they find Hamish et al tiresome. If this is true (and I saw Andy's new avatar earlier, very fetching) then it's disappointing really. Surely we can be grown up enough to accept some different opinions!

Guest theboltonfury

I liked a bit of debate, and people always have the option of the ignore function if they find Hamish et al tiresome. If this is true (and I saw Andy's new avatar earlier, very fetching) then it's disappointing really. Surely we can be grown up enough to accept some different opinions!

Agreed. We need this lot from time to time or what happens is we'll all start arguing about Oil, BNP and Global Warming again.

Let's not make this a love in.

I like debate as well but the likes of Hamish/Rinoa aren't here for debate, they're here just to wind people up.

How long do you think they'd stick around once the spring bounce is over?

I like debate as well but the likes of Hamish/Rinoa aren't here for debate, they're here just to wind people up.

i couldnt post yesterday :-(

I detected Hamish was on a bit of a windup. I have no problems with bulls, as soon as the market turns I'll be a bull myself, but he just kept trolling because he could.

If they had been banned then their group would read "banned".

They may chose not to post now. That is their decision.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Please don't ban them

We need them to help sort the wheat from the chaff.

We all have a tendency to get stuck in our own line of thought and not fully question it, and we need them to give us a push.

:o

Edited by swankyman

+1

"prepare to be moderated" rings an ugly bell

If they had been banned then their group would read "banned".

They may chose not to post now. That is their decision.

I still don't think Sibley is a troll though, just a very silly boy.

Hamish is a reasonably good poster - i think it's fair enough to label him a troll since he's a complete WUM, but it would be a big shame to ban him.

Rinoa has nothing of any worth to say & is indistinguishable from several other nondescript cliche-spouting idiots on here [and is quite probably the same person as many of them].

Put people onto ignore. Dont clap the book burners. Jeez. Group think...must have group think.

Put people onto ignore. Dont clap the book burners. Jeez. Group think...must have group think.

Doesn't stop them hijacking the threads unless everybody puts them on ignore.

This is the same as being at a football match and you ban the away fans or ban them from singing somehow.

How boring.

This forum needs the away fans. It adds to the atmosphere. Yep, chuck out the really nasty bastards wether they are Bulls or Bears.

It`s great watching the banter and especially when results go your way and it`s the equivalent of most of the forum togther in chorus.

"Your not singing anymore"

We`ll just end up fighting amongst ourselves. It happens!!

Bring back terracing ;)

Ban them and have a dictatorship where no one can ever express the wrong type of view.

Excellent it's what Britain is moving towards.

I don't think anyone's been banned.. looks like they have been grouped as trolls, which, to be fair is pretty accurate.

Some of the arguments are needed to put things in perspective.. but most of it is blatent trolling and is getting very boring. Case in point, Last night someone was claiming average wages are 60k (or some similarly high amount). It was obvious from the first post that they were just trying to engage someone in an argument about mean / median to try to and wind them up. In the end they didn't even back up their original point with data.

If they are banned then I am gone.

Everybody should be able to express their view regardless of what that view is, but you should be responsible for the repecussions of your view.

They maybe on the wind up, so what? Don't let them wind you up.

For the second and hopefully last time - no-one has been banned. They can post if they choose -

Yes but no but... Why have you banned them? :lol:

Joke Doc ;)

We geddit

Thats a shame. For all of Hamish's sometimes rudeness (and most of the time conclusions that were illogical) he was good to debate with.

Here's a question - Are the only people labeled as trolls all bulls or netiher? What's the point marking someone as a troll anyway?

Whilst Sibley has always been a wind-up merchant, I feel that his posts got more and more trollish AFTER he was labeled as a troll. If all that happens is that the trolls now just make more and more trollish posts, then what's the point of it in the first place?