House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Multi-million Dollar Mouthpiece: Cowell 'offered $144million Pay Deal' To Stay With American Idol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...rican-Idol.html

He's certainly not short of a few bob - but Simon Cowell could earn an eye-watering $144 million for the next series of American Idol.

The music mogul and acid-tongued judge is currently negotiating a new deal with US broadcaster Fox, who have reportedly offered four times the $36million he made last year.

The talent show - which recently finished its eighth season - has consistently proved a ratings winner for the network, and regularly attracts audiences of 25 million.

According to the Guardian, Cowell is now being advised by Topshop magnate Sir Phillip Green as he negotiates a fee that will ensure he sticks around after his contract expires next May.

'He is past the old-style music deal, where you take a cut as a performer,' a source close to Green told the Guardian.

'This is about properly owning himself, Brand Cowell, everything he does, new formats, and new programmes, not just the ones starring him.

Forty-nine-year-old Cowell, who is worth an estimated £120million, is now reportedly keen to form a global entertainment company with Sir Phillip Green.

Isn't this a 400% pay increase.

Could just be a story to hype the show, surely they can't afford to offer anyone this sort of money?

He is approximately 1 Quarter of the reason why Modern "Music" in this Country (and farther afield) is in the state it's in...along with those other pr1cks Pete Waterman, Louis Walsh and Simon Fuller...intent of making Music completely devoid of any Feel, Compassion, Meaning and Depth in favour of singalong nursery rhymes fronted by fabricated Pretty Boys and Pretty Girls from Catalogues who showcase the diversity of youth in the World, (Look! I'm the Brown-haired one!, I'm the Blonde one!, And I'm the Red-Head! Something for EVERY child to relate to!) for infants and tweenies who hassle their parents to buy their Music for them as "They" know full well that NO parent is stupid enough to buy into their calculated, synthetic, soulless dirge otherwise.

I hope they all get really ill, preferably by a debilitating illness or disease...following by a slow, lingering, painful death...pretty much like the blow they've dealt the Music Industry. If I saw any of them on the street and I was driving, I WOULD swerve to hit them...I'd do time for those Fvcker$ for the common good of REAL Music Lovers and REAL Musicians everywhere...If I met them I WOULDN'T shake their hands, I WOULDN'T smile and I WOULD give them a tirade of abuse in the hope of provoking a physical reaction.

I'd take out a contract on those Fvkers...

mspL4

I hope they all get really ill, preferably by a debilitating illness or disease...following by a slow, lingering, painful death...pretty much like the blow they've dealt the Music Industry. If I saw any of them on the street and I was driving, I WOULD swerve to hit them...I'd do time for those Fvcker$ for the common good of REAL Music Lovers and REAL Musicians everywhere...If I met them I WOULDN'T shake their hands, I WOULDN'T smile and I WOULD give them a tirade of abuse in the hope of provoking a physical reaction.

Don't hold back! :lol:

He is approximately 1 Quarter of the reason why Modern "Music" in this Country (and farther afield) is in the state it's in...along with those other pr1cks Pete Waterman, Louis Walsh and Simon Fuller...intent of making Music completely devoid of any Feel, Compassion, Meaning and Depth in favour of singalong nursery rhymes fronted by fabricated Pretty Boys and Pretty Girls from Catalogues who showcase the diversity of youth in the World, (Look! I'm the Brown-haired one!, I'm the Blonde one!, And I'm the Red-Head! Something for EVERY child to relate to!) for infants and tweenies who hassle their parents to buy their Music for them as "They" know full well that NO parent is stupid enough to buy into their calculated, synthetic, soulless dirge otherwise.

mspL4

Fantastic :lol:

Laverne just went up in my estimation from merely a hot blonde sort, to someone also worth listening to