House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ajay

Wests 600 Years Of World Domination Is Over

He said the West must establish new relationships with other countries as its domination of the world is coming to an end.

"I think - and again this rather more is a personal view, but it is reflected in the commission's report - that we are now reaching the end of nearly 600 years of the domination of Western power, Western institutions and Western values in world affairs," Lord Ashdown said

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...budget-gap.html

He said the West must establish new relationships with other countries as its domination of the world is coming to an end.

"I think - and again this rather more is a personal view, but it is reflected in the commission's report - that we are now reaching the end of nearly 600 years of the domination of Western power, Western institutions and Western values in world affairs," Lord Ashdown said

To be replaced by which powers? India? China? I used to think that this would happen but the problems they have are enormous and insurmountable. China will be lucky to survive intact through this century as will India. Which only leaves Russia. Also another basket case tin pot dictatorship propped up by oil.

The west definitely wont have it there all their own way as in the past but the other contenders don't look likely to dominate.

He's probably right - I know Niall Ferguson is often attacked on these boards but the conclusion of his 'War of the World' sums up the political, economic, social and perhaps above all demographic reasons why this will happen. As for 'who next' personally I still think China is in with a decent shout but a period of shifting boundaries, conflict and chaos is more likely.

Still the globalists probably have a plan already for all that :ph34r:

"Imperialism, though it is officially buried, is not dead in the world"

- Andreas Papandreou

(commenting on the U.S. & U.K. overthrow of democracy & installation of a fascist military

junta in Greece in 1967, where he & his father were ousted for not taking direct orders

from Washington over the Cyrprus/Turkey base).

To be replaced by which powers? India? China? I used to think that this would happen but the problems they have are enormous and insurmountable. China will be lucky to survive intact through this century as will India. Which only leaves Russia. Also another basket case tin pot dictatorship propped up by oil.

The west definitely wont have it there all their own way as in the past but the other contenders don't look likely to dominate.

To be replaced with nobody, a world of

5/10 medium regional powers.

US

Europe

Russia

India

Brazil

S. Africa

Argentina or Brazil

But none of these to be as powerful as the USA is now, not even the USA.

You hope. Eh?

You hope. Eh?

"Nothing changes when everything stays the same"

there will never be a nation as powerful as the US is now , because there is not enough resources to sustain the new breed