House Price Crash Forum

Poll - What's Happened To Your Salary In The Last 12 Months?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondered how the recession's affecting people's salaries...

Redundancy from Public Sector last year

Redundancy payment :lol:

Currently negotiating further settlement through ACAS as employer completely fooked up the process :lol:

Freelance working 3-4 days a week until this month :lol:

Now working for FTSE 250 Company on approximately 40% more than when I was in the public sector :lol:

Edited by Kurt Barlow

Self employed.... I got worried about my future income so cut out all debt and anything not needed...Now strangely, even though I believe things will get worse for the country, I feel quite secure..

I suppose I`ve battened down the hatches about as much as I can...

My income has dropped by about 25%

All the people who've had pay rises, do you work work in the public sector? With a job title that includes the words "diversity", "equal opportunities" or "outreach"?

I work in the private sector and was fortunate enough to have a rise last October. Not expecting one this time though.

All the people who've had pay rises, do you work work in the public sector? With a job title that includes the words "diversity", "equal opportunities" or "outreach"?

I work in the public sector, I think.

None of those are in my job description I don't think, well not when I last checked... :unsure:

(That said my employer is an "equal opportunities" employer, but aren't most these days?) :rolleyes:

golden showers?

I was on a date once and had a fortune cookie that said 'you are a romantic who would enjoy watersports'. I quipped 'I don't know whether to buy a jetski or get you to urinate on me'. She didn't get it, I had to explain, there wasn't another date. :lol:

I managed to get mine raised by around 12% this year, but then most of our income comes from the US and Brown just crashed the pound - so it was easier to get it, in the near term at least.

I would hardly think this was normal - If I'd have not had a good case I'd have got CPI max and felt bloody lucky to have done so.

I'd say a mixture of having some luck, and making my own.

I was on a date once and had a fortune cookie that said 'you are a romantic who would enjoy watersports'. I quipped 'I don't know whether to buy a jetski or get you to urinate on me'. She didn't get it, I had to explain, there wasn't another date. :lol:

Well, you probably didn't miss much!