House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Britain Faces New Recession - World's Central Bankers Warn

Yeah - waves were crap on the Gower today.

Where did you go?

The rest of you city type HPCers can feck off - this is now a surfing thread!

I was down at Whitesands in Pembrokeshire. What a crap surfing beach. And talk about packed! I ended up lying on my board like a lemon.

Looks like better surf is coming in around next Monday.

Btw, looks like Roubini beat the double dip crowd to it!

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLNE55L02Z20090622

I was down at Whitesands in Pembrokeshire. What a crap surfing beach. And talk about packed! I ended up lying on my board like a lemon.

I like Whitesands but know what you mean. Did the totty make up for the cr*p waves?

Beat the crowds. My local

Praia do Amado

BAh7CGkKIgw0NjB4MjMwaQtsKwfBHX1IaQhpAoQb.jpg

& no I'm not claiming it's me :P

Calling a thread one thing then talking about something completely different.....outrageous.....M O D S where are you

Tried Newgale today instead?

Nope. Had to get back North of the Teifi aka civilization unfortunately.

Btw, just seen a weather warning for Wales for Thurs - 15 to 25mm of rainfall in a short space of time in places, with a very localised risk of up to 40mm ...The public are advised to take extra care.

Watch out if you're camping! :lol:

Edited by gruffydd

JP on FSN was talking about this in April http://www.financialsense.com/fsn/2009.html

Beat the crowds. My local

Praia do Amado

BAh7CGkKIgw0NjB4MjMwaQtsKwfBHX1IaQhpAoQb.jpg

& no I'm not claiming it's me :P

Calling a thread one thing then talking about something completely different.....outrageous.....M O D S where are you

Hey i was surfing Amado 2 weeks ago. very hard place to surf, wasnt peeling well which gave short but fast rides before heavy wipeouts, saw 2 guys with boards snapped clean in half!

is it allways like that or does it get a bit less narly?

Hey i was surfing Amado 2 weeks ago. very hard place to surf, wasnt peeling well which gave short but fast rides before heavy wipeouts, saw 2 guys with boards snapped clean in half!

is it allways like that or does it get a bit less narly?

Sorry, we are not surfers, but did go there in the camper for many winters & it was rare to hear anyone say it was ideal.

Most of the time it looked too tame to our untrained eyes

Met some great people though :)

Sorry, we are not surfers, but did go there in the camper for many winters & it was rare to hear anyone say it was ideal.

Most of the time it looked too tame to our untrained eyes

Met some great people though :)

whats the weather like in the winter down their? \i noticed all he campers hanging around and wondered if they stuck around for the winter.

Yes, but are you wearing a body-hugging neoprene outfit whilst looking at lovely ladies also wearing figure hugging neoprene?

You're a wuss if you were surfing in neoprene on a day like today. Now who out there was man enough to go surfing in baggies and TOPLESS?? ;)

whats the weather like in the winter down their? \i noticed all he campers hanging around and wondered if they stuck around for the winter.

More surfers than anyone in winter.

Ten years ago you could have the place almost to yourself, not anymore. The law are getting a bit touchy about overnight stays too since revenue-seeking young upstarts have been brought in. Swearing at them in Spanish used to sort them out (shocked at being challenged by a woman?) ..... but now? :unsure:

Winters are never predictable. Last winter was the worst we have known; too wet for too long. It was darned cold even in April. Others have been dry & sunny, then the rains arrive in late spring.

Though we still prefer the Atlantic to the Med. on this latitude as the cold is not as harsh in our experience.