House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
house123

Ftse Wtf

I will never understand the FTSE. The worst UK GDP figures in half a century and the index stays static. However, some poor consumer data from the US and the thing sinks 1%. What is the point of the FTSE if it just clones US data, would it not be better just to have a global stock market?

I will never understand the FTSE. The worst UK GDP figures in half a century and the index stays static. However, some poor consumer data from the US and the thing sinks 1%. What is the point of the FTSE if it just clones US data, would it not be better just to have a global stock market?

It's end of quarter - so thin volumes while portfolio managers tinker their P&L, which is less likely to observe fundamentals than to massage figures for the sake of their end of year bonus.

We'll probably see the true reaction from tomorrow.

What is the point of the FTSE if it just clones US data, would it not be better just to have a global stock market?

Many of the big FTSE names are GLOBAL players but are listed on the FTSE , thats partly why it just tracks the DOW .....

Weekly charts for both DOW and FTSE show the greater bear unfolding. I expect the DOW to hit around 7.700 anytime in the next couple of months. I could be wrong, but my Fibo and triangulation calcs are rarely wrong (my $5 mini for delivery September doing quite well). FTSE around 3.800 then I reckon.

Weekly charts for both DOW and FTSE show the greater bear unfolding. I expect the DOW to hit around 7.700 anytime in the next couple of months. I could be wrong, but my Fibo and triangulation calcs are rarely wrong (my $5 mini for delivery September doing quite well). FTSE around 3.800 then I reckon.

Good. Be nice to have a decent buying opportunity this autumn. Though a couple of my favourite companies are already in temptingly buy-me territory.

The 20/50 moving average crossover has recently happened on the FTSE 250 weekly chart, and is looking likely on the FTSE 100 and maybe on Corporate Bonds (SLXX) by the end of the year. That's a hugely bullish signal :P:P:P for long term investors, although we might get whipsawed in the coming years :o .