House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KingCharles1st

Poll- So Are We Firmly Into The Bull Trap Now?

Couldn't possibly be a simpler poll.

but it isn't that straight forward, what if it is not a bull trap per se but a mini boom? what if it lasts a year or two?

Personally I don't see it lasting but then I didn't see things being this positive now either.

dispite rising unemployment, massive negative growth in the economy,

its quite obvious house prices can only RISE

any Fool can see it

Edited by dylanthecat

Guest KingCharles1st

any Fool can see it

Wry humour- but-

what exactly IS rising?

wages, standard of living, exports, foreign contracts, ability of people to completely fund and buy their own property..?

Gordon Brown's ********?

No. It cant be judged to be a bull trap until LR shows a few rises, which i doubt it will.

What we are seeing is lenders make a few superficial gestures so the govt can say it was worth spunking countless billions on the banks.

Call it what you will... but this time of the year normally sees highest rises/lowest falls..... I am not convinced this is anything other than a slowing down of the rate of fall which seasonally would present itself like this. Equally I am convinced everyone is getting way too excited by the numbers..... at this level you simply cannot allow on their accuracy to any worthwhile degree.

The bull trap finished about 2 weeks ago.

Allowing for two months to exchange and a further month to complete, the buyers who have had to accomodate changes in school etc finished their buying in mid June. It is all downhill from here.

It is natural to have a pause in a bear market. As a previous poster mentioned, rising prices on low volumes are a classic signal that we are in a bear market, counter-trend rally rather than in a new bull market.

Patience and discipline will be rewarded.

any Fool can see it

I was wondering what your take was on the CMBS warning yesterday? (I note you didn't comment on the thread).

Link

Guest KingCharles1st

Mmmm interesting so far.

I wonder if we should refer to this one in6 months time and see if we were right or not?

The bull trap finished about 2 weeks ago.

Allowing for two months to exchange and a further month to complete, the buyers who have had to accomodate changes in school etc finished their buying in mid June. It is all downhill from here.

It is natural to have a pause in a bear market. As a previous poster mentioned, rising prices on low volumes are a classic signal that we are in a bear market, counter-trend rally rather than in a new bull market.

Patience and discipline will be rewarded.

+1

I'm still seeing far too many houses go under offer.

Don't know what price and can't be sure if they will actually go through.

The Nationwide news must affect the sheeple's views.

New to market prices appear to be based on bull trap values.

How long will this realistically go on?

but it isn't that straight forward, what if it is not a bull trap per se but a mini boom? what if it lasts a year or two?

Personally I don't see it lasting but then I didn't see things being this positive now either.

agreed with this. People need to be patient. As Gordo would say, the 'fundamentals'... of a long downturn, are there.