House Price Crash Forum

2100 Lloyds' Job Losses

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

The Unite union was "astonished" by the scale of the cuts, which it said brought total job losses at the group since January to 7,000.

So what were the synergies put forward when Lloyds took over the bust HBOS.

Astonished ? I'm astonished the number isn't 70,000.

Unite = Myopic frackers.

HOLA444
Guest KingCharles1st

Imagine a pair of carefully balanced scales-....

now hit one side with a sledgehammer really really hard-

possibly a good day to bury bad news...?

HOLA445
More jobs losses can only mean an even bigger boost to house prices as there's no link between unemployment and house prices.

The £1.38bn family home is still coming. Yeah.

As long as we all just borrow money we will be ok

HOLA446
The Unite union was "astonished" by the scale of the cuts, which it said brought total job losses at the group since January to 7,000.

Unite = Myopic frackers.

Yes, two evils: govy and unions, the latter making sure things get screwed up even more.

HOLA447

Unite = Myopic frackers.

I'd agree there should be huge job losses in the train..... I wonder if things are not moving a little faster because they unsure what europe or indeed a new conservative government might insist they ditch in future... they had 22% of the current account market.. with HBOS this may well have risen beyond 30%, as perhaps have their shares in credit cards,savings and personal loans (some ,may be even higher)... mortgages will be over 30% based on 2006 numbers and enormous now... god only knows what business banking, corporate, asset finance, commercial finance, card acquisition, etc are at, maybe even higher...... if they merge the distribution and operation channels then even if the brands remain it will be difficult to sell them as a "business" as they couldn't be seperated.... so by and large I expect most of the operational may remain for the time being.

HOLA448
I'd agree there should be huge job losses in the train..... I wonder if things are not moving a little faster because they unsure what europe or indeed a new conservative government might insist they ditch in future... they had 22% of the current account market.. with HBOS this may well have risen beyond 30%, as perhaps have their shares in credit cards,savings and personal loans (some ,may be even higher)... mortgages will be over 30% based on 2006 numbers and enormous now... god only knows what business banking, corporate, asset finance, commercial finance, card acquisition, etc are at, maybe even higher...... if they merge the distribution and operation channels then even if the brands remain it will be difficult to sell them as a "business" as they couldn't be seperated.... so by and large I expect most of the operational may remain for the time being.

That's an interesting point.

Maybe they are rationalising quickly enough that it makes them difficult to split up (which is one of the recommendations for financial stability).

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
As long as we all just borrow money we will be ok

Excellent you've been paying attention and understand the link between debt/wealth/growth. You have no need to be reeducated to the new paradigm now you can go forth and spread the message. ;)

It's the merging of the bad debts that worries me. Their market share of this breaches all known guidelines.

Can we just change the guidelines so it doesn't worry you? Brown is good at fudging.

HOLA4412

From the BLOG.................

Indian IT staff taking British jobs at Lloyds Banking Group

Mail Online: Indian IT staff taking British jobs at Lloyds Banking Group

Hundreds' of Indian contractors are being brought to the UK by state-backed Lloyds Banking Group, which is using them to slowly replace British IT workers.

Anyone know if this true ? If so it's outrageous ! :(

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Unite = Myopic frackers.

Instead of being astonished or very concerned why don't the unions do what they are supposed to do and

fight for their jobs?

I know the answer.

Because the unions are in on it with the Labour Party. Especially Unite.

These workers have to fight back without the unions support if need be.

Like the Lindsey oil workers did.

And I know it didnt get much media time but those Lindsey workers won that dispute so it shows what can be achieved

by workers if they take action.

HOLA4415

When the news first came that Lloyds were buying HBOS in the darker days of the financial crisis, it was rurmored 40,000 [count them!], jobs would go.

The best from both companies will be cherry picked, and duplicate jobs axed. It should not come to any surprise to anyone, 2,100 are going now.

Edited by Lord Sandwich