House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scotchharry

Gazumped

a friend of mine has just gazumped someone on a house sale in oxford. We sit near one another at work and regularly discuss the ins and outs of the market. I can understand buying a place if its going to be a home home and ticks your boxes but I wouldnt enter into a bidding war to get one.

I wonder how long this confidence will last for, I'm not getting twitchy but im suprised slightly by the apparent renewed confidence in the oxford market.

a friend of mine has just gazumped someone on a house sale in oxford. We sit near one another at work and regularly discuss the ins and outs of the market. I can understand buying a place if its going to be a home home and ticks your boxes but I wouldnt enter into a bidding war to get one.

I wonder how long this confidence will last for, I'm not getting twitchy but im suprised slightly by the apparent renewed confidence in the oxford market.

Oh dear, I really hope s/he hasn't gazumped fallingbuzzard...

I got into a bidding war on the house I'm buying, despite having told myself I wouldn't be dragged into it in a falling market. Would have preferred to stay on in my rented place for another 6 months, but the landlords said 12 months or nothing, so had to make the decision and chose to buy as (ridiculously) it was cheaper for me than renting. I move out in three weeks and they haven't found another tenant yet - what a shame ;).

dont think so, house in risinghurst.

I work in oxford in a clinical setting and see about 20 people a day from all backgrounds. The amount of people who tell me that they have been made redundant are about to be nade redundant works slow etc is astounding.

I just cant see where this confidence is coming from, I don't buy it at all as I see so many people on a daily basis that are in trouble.

The person gazumped has had a lucky escape. Your friend is a fool, as he/she will soon find out.