House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Now Gmtv's Star Presenters Face A 25% Pay Cut And Shorter Holidays

Daily Wail

GMTV's star presenters including Kate Garraway, Lorraine Kelly, Ben Shephard and Andrew Castle are being hit with swingeing pay cuts of up to 25 per cent.

The breakfast broadcaster is following the BBC's example and taking an axe to the pay of its top-earning performers, also including Penny Smith.

Like all commercial broadcasters GMTV is trying to cope with a dramatic downturn in the advertising market caused by the global recession.

Presenters are also set to see their holiday entitlement drastically cut, in some cases by 50 per cent, in a bid to get more value for money from its hosts.

It understood that Shephard earns about £300,000 a year, followed by Garraway on £280,000, while Castle takes home £240,000.

Smith, a newsreader and occasional presenter on the show, is estimated to be on £200,000 a year, while newcomer Emma Crosby gets £120,000.

Kelly, who presents her own GMTV With Lorraine show directly after the main programme, is thought to earn the most and to be on about £350,000 a year. But sources say she will not be exempt from the cuts.

Garraway, whose contract is set to be renewed in August, could be hit with a cut of as much as £70,000 if she signs a new deal.

Kelly, if she were also dealt the maximum reduction, would have to sign up for £87,000 less than she is currently paid.

Shephard would in turn be knocked down by £75,000 while Smith would be dealt a £50,000 cut as GMTV boss Martin Frizell oversees the cutbacks.

Insiders say that Castle has just signed a new deal with GMTV which has seen him forced to take a 20 per cent reduction.

This means the presenter, who is currently working on the BBC's Wimbledon coverage, has seen his salary drop by about £48,000.

Wage cuts are coming across the board, the money simply isn't there.

This is when debt deflation starts to kick in.

House prices can only go up when this starts to happen, banks will soon need to be lending at about 6x or 7x salary as norm to sustain house prices if wage cuts spread to the rest of the economy.

I wish I could say I felt sorry for them:

Kate Garraway - That dipsh*t Derek Drapers other half..

Andrew Castle - Former British No1 Tennis player - says it all (had you heard of him before breakfast tv?)

Spin (on) that one Draper.....

AAh poor diddums having to have a pay cut like everyone else.

Simple fact is many businesses are having to cut because this shiitepile of a Govt won't admit there is a bloody big elephant herd in the back of the room ready to stampede around.

GTMV's total airtime (daily) is about 4mins total anyway, what with all those ads, Keith Chegwin fronted competitions and pollen count reports to cram in.

Guest sillybear2

Does GMTV put filters on their cameras or do all their presenters actually have jaundice?

I hope they strike and Roland Rat is bought back in as scab labour again, eeeeh Rat Fans !

How much of a cut should GMTV presenters have from their pay?

Text your answers to . . . . . .

Edited by Dave Spart

Presumably the BBC will follow suit, after all they are constantly telling us they have to pay market rates for top talent.

Interestingly if you watch some of the school's programmes that come on later in the morning, the presenters and narrators speak to their audinece in a less patronsing and grown up manner than GMTV (and are a fraction of the cost)

I always watch the ad breaks in Ch4 news at 7pm with great interest - because there are no ads! There are trailers for future programmes, there are freebee public information films, there's that man-on-the-shrink's couch advertising the concept of TV advertising - but there are usually no actual, paid-for commercials. Ch4 news operates on an income of precisely £0.00 :lol:

How much of a cut should GMTV presenters have from their pay?

I'm sorry but I cannot accept that Lorraine Kelly should have to accept anything less than the best.

To this end, I'm prepared to use my own savings to give her a much needed injection of liquidity. If Lorraine wants to keep this quiet I don't mind doing it by the backdoor.

Well the simple fact is that as our economy heads back to the 1970's, so will television have to. The major channels should cut their losses and axe daytime TV, and re-introduce the test card, with maybe a few cheap programmes for schools.

They should then concentrate their budgets on high-quality prime-time shows that are able to bring in sustainable advertising revenue.

I wish I could say I felt sorry for them:

Kate Garraway - That dipsh*t Derek Drapers other half..

Andrew Castle - Former British No1 Tennis player - says it all (had you heard of him before breakfast tv?)

Spin (on) that one Draper.....

i gotta disagree here - kate garraway - MILF & Andrew Castle always seems like a decent bloke

Daily Wail

Wage cuts are coming across the board, the money simply isn't there.

This is when debt deflation starts to kick in.

House prices can only go up when this starts to happen, banks will soon need to be lending at about 6x or 7x salary as norm to sustain house prices if wage cuts spread to the rest of the economy.

These are quite interesting, it is these cuts on top earners (the same will happen across the executive corporate salaries eventually) that will see major mean wage deflation over the coming years as the RHS skewed mean distribution will quickly reduce due to the top end. It is why although many on this site suggest median should now be used i have always disagreed.

I'm sorry but I cannot accept that Lorraine Kelly should have to accept anything less than the best.

To this end, I'm prepared to use my own savings to give her a much needed injection of liquidity. If Lorraine wants to keep this quiet I don't mind doing it by the backdoor.

snigger snigger fnarrr ooh

i gotta disagree here - kate garraway - MILF & Andrew Castle always seems like a decent bloke

I cannot dispute that Kate Garraway is a nice bit of a skirt, but she is with that little toad - Draper?

51245785qn9.jpg

Edited by 3 Men In A Boat

Guest sillybear2
I cannot dispute that Kate Garraway is a nice bit of a skirt, but she is with that little toad - Draper?

Because she likes c**ts?

51245785qn9.jpg

naah,much rather wake up to her in the morning :P

emma_presenter_l.jpg

Ben Shepherd on 300k..ruddy 'ell...he's possibly the blandest person in the known universe (well a toss up between him & Vernon Kay)..

This morning, they spent about 3 seconds mentioning the next turn on the recession (one of the paper's front pages)..then it was off for 10 minutes, with someone spilling the beans about Wacko Jacko...

Edited by zagreb78

This morning, they spent about 3 seconds mentioning the next turn on the recession (one of the paper's front pages)..then it was off for 10 minutes, with someone spilling the beans about Wacko Jacko...

We don't want to depress everyone do we, that could cause the economy to go into a nose dive. Looked what happened to shares when people said they where unhappy with the economy and you want to go and upset everyone.

Selfish bar steward. :ph34r: