House Price Crash Forum

House Prices "face Slowdown"

HOLA441
HOLA442

Fionnuala Early (Nationwide) says ''while we expect the economy to slow down in 2008 we are not expecting to go into recession and if we don't go into recession we don't expect any dramatic increases unemployment and with that relative stability in the employment market, thats quite good news for the housing market'.

This clip was from July 2007.

Stupid name, even more stupid forecast :blink:

And she is their chief economist ffs!! I have money in that BS so I better get it out quick!

HOLA443
And she is their chief economist ffs!! I have money in that BS so I better get it out quick!

It amazes me how these people get these jobs.

Clearly she has no idea what's happening and yet remains in post. If I was the CEO I'd sack her. Clearly she's not up to the task.

Either that or the economics degree has brainwashed her into only thinking in certain ways and every other professional "economist" thinks in the same delusional way.

HOLA444

Clearly she has no idea what's happening and yet remains in post. If I was the CEO I'd sack her. Clearly she's not up to the task.

Either that or the economics degree has brainwashed her into only thinking in certain ways and every other professional "economist" thinks in the same delusional way.

No -- they KNOW they're talking BS -- but they're just DESPERATE to keep the whole Pyramid Scam afloat - and quietly - and privately - they're bailing out as best and as fast as they can..... before the ship sinks.

It's that cynical.

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA445

I believe the government keep harping on about how we encourage high quality, world class commisioning etc. but the fact of the matter is the overall standards in UK are so low and they are sinking even lower. The reason being people seem to have lost the ability to think on their two feet. Are the zombies already here? I guess so.

HOLA446

Economists in general know nothing, it's all bull5h1t and bluster. Ninety-nine percent of these highly educated

and knowledgeable experts :rolleyes: failed to spot any of the storm clouds on the horizon.

HOLA447
Fionnuala Early (Nationwide) says ''while we expect the economy to slow down in 2008 we are not expecting to go into recession and if we don't go into recession we don't expect any dramatic increases unemployment and with that relative stability in the employment market, thats quite good news for the housing market'.

This clip was from July 2007.

Stupid name, even more stupid forecast :blink:

Not anymore. I am sure she left about 3 months ago!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

more biased tosh to look back on:

about 5 mins in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sFV6ZQP7pA...feature=related

interviewing a young FTB 'Becky' the biased interviewer concludes 'people are saying the market is flattening out or slumping - you must be one of the few people that are glad to see this'

they then concluded that early 2008 must have been the ideal time for Becky to have bought a house. Are schucks....

Interviewer then goes on to say the BoE are being urged to cut IRs to boost the housing market. What an evil biased reporter.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sFV6ZQP7pA...feature=related

interviewing a young FTB 'Becky' the biased interviewer concludes 'people are saying the market is flattening out or slumping - you must be one of the few people that are glad to see this'

they then concluded that early 2008 must have been the ideal time for Becky to have bought a house. Are schucks....

Poor Becky sucked into the housing bubble just as it was bursting ........ if only she could of held out a year or so longer.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416