• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
who didn't know that the government were lying and that we were already in recession b efore it was admited?

the only thing that amazes me is that none of the media have used the figures as proof that the government were lying rather than acting shocked.

Exactly richy.

It was only last Autumn that Brown was finally admitting that it looked like the economy might decline.

We were ALREADY in recession following the eventual revision of Q208 from 0.0% (you gotta laugh).

His reputation being shredded when the protective cloak of the premiership is taken away form him.

HOLA443

On the issue of complex systems repeating themselves we should all be aware that they, of course, do not always.

Example: equities.

The FTSE 100 peaked whenever at 7000, fell back to 3500 and then should have recouped the 7000 level and bounced merrily on from there.

It didn't.

FTSE 100 got to 6700 and then fell away.

And it fell away to the South, which suggests the underlying, inherent, fundamental pressures at work now are South side.

The good thing is that anyone who wants to take a North bet can because there is still some freedom out there.

The freedom to get it wrong, which is perhaps the greatest freedom of all.

I would add, that I try very hard to keep my interests unvested. By that I mean I would be perfectly happy to take a North bet on real estate if I could see any good reason for doing so.

It's just I can't at the moment.

And why do I bother posting all this drivel?

Well, maybe someone is going to come up with that good reason why I should change my bet from South to North.

I'm all ears.

HOLA444
HOLA445
If this is the greatest contraction since 1958, but prices are £6k up from the trough in February, what will happen to prices when we come out of recession? :o

But they're down 15-20% since 2007?

What's your point?

You're dumb as a box of dildos Columbo

Please don't disappear again when the figures turn against you, at least we're all big enough to stick around when the figures aren't in our favour

Have the ******** to do the same you ramping little twerp

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448