House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheCountOfNowhere

Andy Murray Now English According To Sky News !

Using firefox browser Go to:

www.skynews.co.uk

If you're link is slow you might see it straight away...the link to a photo of Andy Murray says

"England's Andy Murray returns a ball to Switzerland's Stanislas Wawrinka during their match at the 2009 Wimbledon tennis championships."

If you cant see it, click on the link for "Breaking news...murray raises the roof in epic encounter"

then go to the photo of Murray and right click, select properties and you'll get a box saying:

Alternative text: England's Andy Murray returns a ball to Switzerland's Stanislas Wawrinka during their match at the 2009 Wimbledon tennis championships.

This'll really annoy any scot out there !!!!!

Someones having a laugh or they are thick, either way you have to wonder about their news reporting!!!!

P.S. If you use Internet Explorer, you can see the text by going to the news page, clicking the Murray report then do "View->Page Source" from the menu, search for England in the source file !!!

Well none of the English players made it past round1, so I guess they just have to try and claim players from more successful Tennis nations ;-)

If that was the case why didnt they pick somewhere like The Faro Islands, they havent won any gland slams in a long time either :lol:

Deliberate mistake by some techy web person i reckon, they'll be out on their ear by the morning by the time the scots find out about this !!!!

Don't worry - they'll be calling him a miserable Scot when he crashes out :)

Buckers

I used to prey for Tim Henman to get knocked out because Henmania and Henman Hill bugged me. Looking back it was quite a good thing to do. Every year I was happy. But with Murray, I can see him upsetting me. He might actually do it.

Come on Federer :lol::lol::lol:

+1 !

On a more serious note, if an organisation like Sky news cannot get the country of birth right of the biggest star in British Sport ( read as Scottish Sport ) at the moment then you wonder what other simple things they get wrong....like saying house prices are on the rise :lol:

If some web geek has done it deliberately then they should be sacked for winding up a nation, not easily done, except when it comes to english...I mean...scottish...sportsmen.

He lives in England. Therefore it's reasonable if not a bit tongue in cheek to say England's Andy Murray.

It's like the weather, the clouds roll ashore from the Atlantic yet it becomes England's rain....

Recorded for posterity:

ohspc1.jpg

See also

http://www.andymurrayometer.com/

Well done...send that to the dailyrecord too

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/services-tools/contact-us/

Will be interesting to see if they pick it up.

I wonder what nationality they have down for whack Jacko...bulgarian perhaps, they are all a bit pasty white looking too.

Using firefox browser Go to:

www.skynews.co.uk

If you're link is slow you might see it straight away...the link to a photo of Andy Murray says

"England's Andy Murray returns a ball to Switzerland's Stanislas Wawrinka during their match at the 2009 Wimbledon tennis championships."

If you cant see it, click on the link for "Breaking news...murray raises the roof in epic encounter"

then go to the photo of Murray and right click, select properties and you'll get a box saying:

Alternative text: England's Andy Murray returns a ball to Switzerland's Stanislas Wawrinka during their match at the 2009 Wimbledon tennis championships.

Someones having a laugh or they are thick, either way you have to wonder about their news reporting!!!!

P.S. If you use Internet Explorer, you can see the text by going to the news page, clicking the Murray report then do "View->Page Source" from the menu, search for England in the source file !!!

Hilarious

That will put a smile on the dour faced racist tw4t.

OK! OK! I believe you!!

Deliberate mistake by some techy web person i reckon, they'll be out on their ear by the morning by the time the scots find out about this !!!!

An English nerd at Sky calls a Scots man English

A bunch of Scottish crooks bankrupt England for 3 generations, possibly forever.

It's close, it's tough, but I'm going to go with the latter being the worse.

:rolleyes:

On a more serious note, if an organisation like Sky news cannot get the country of birth right of the biggest star in British Sport ( read as Scottish Sport ) at the moment then you wonder what other simple things they get wrong....like saying house prices are on the rise :lol:

If some web geek has done it deliberately then they should be sacked for winding up a nation, not easily done, except when it comes to english...I mean...scottish...sportsmen.

They probably got the photo from a news agency with the alternative text already written so it's probbaly not Sky's fault.

Don't worry - they'll be calling him a miserable Scot when he crashes out :)

Buckers

I am happy to oblige whilst the miserable to$$er is still involved.

Cant stand the sour faced moron. The kid has genuine talent, but his miserable nature makes him as hard to like as Stephen Hendry.

I used to prey for Tim Henman to get knocked out because Henmania and Henman Hill bugged me. Looking back it was quite a good thing to do. Every year I was happy. But with Murray, I can see him upsetting me. He might actually do it.

:lol: Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought like this! Murray made hard work of it last night though, I'd expect Federer to do the business if they meet in the final.

No no no. You can't say that. The politically correct thing is to blame the BBC. The Sky god can do no wrong and we must sell the BBC to it as soon as possible. ;)

Guest KingCharles1st

I don't give a flying fu ck if he is English or Scottish. He is 50 times better than Tim Henman, and I like the guys attitude. He has a incredible talent, both in the skill of physically playing the game of Tennis, and mentally as well.

The one thing that worries me about all this is that we are going to see Brown decide he needs to be at the awards ceremony if Murray wins the final. - Now THAT CU NT really pisses me off