House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shedfish

Politicians

They're there to the election I'm afraid. I just hope lots of independents stand against them all.

yes, but have we let them off?

They're there to the election I'm afraid. I just hope lots of independents stand against them all.

But the independents will be politicians as well and the question was have we let politician of the hook, not have we let the government off the hook.

The government is made up of politicians.

Sadly the next government will also be comprised of these same liars and hopeless buffoons. Whilst the political party they pretend they belong to (in order to get elected as they couldn't get elected as independents) may change, its ideology will not.

If these politicians are successful in worming their way to the government by brown nosing and being dishonest they will be rewarded with well paid work the like of which most of us could only dream of. 60 grand a year for a day a month. Years ago these would have been called bribes. Nowadays they are known as consultancy.

Paying back fraudulent expenses doesn't mean they didn't mean to take them, just they have been caught. Resigning from the companies that bribe them doesn't mean they don't want the bribes, just they will take them later.

Yes they have been "let off the hook". But watch the idiot public vote for some of the biggest thieves at the next election - Brown, Cameron, Osbourne - they will all be there again, at the trough.

They really are just puppets, sure they have been very naughty puppets, but puppets nonetheless.

The corporations, media moguls, banks and land owners, who own the vast majority of the earth will be happy for you to vent your anger on their puppets.

They should face criminal charges for the crimes that they have committed, but people should not get distracted away from the bigger issues like, land ownership, democratic reform, media control, tax policy etc.. Generating a feeling of anti-politics only plays into the hands of the undemocratic power structures that really shape our society. Ultimately, however flawed the democratic system, it is the one thing you have a say in.

Politics is the shadow cast on society by big business.

60 grand a year for a day a month. Years ago these would have been called bribes. Nowadays they are known as consultancy.

As one of my old lecturers used to say "always remember what's the first sylable of consultant."

but people should not get distracted away from the bigger issues like, land ownership, democratic reform, media control, tax policy etc..

You have forgotten the most important issue: getting rid of our debt-based monetary system, without solving this issue first, every other change is in vane.

Ron Paul (sadly not UK politician) is the only politician I know of that has that objective.