House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bingobob777

House Insurance

Looking to renew my building & contents insurance and got the cheapest quotes from the following

quoteline direct

homequote direct

home protect

Any bad experiences with any of them out there? Or should I just bite the bullet and pay a few quid extra for a known name.

Looking to renew my building & contents insurance and got the cheapest quotes from the following

quoteline direct

homequote direct

home protect

Any bad experiences with any of them out there? Or should I just bite the bullet and pay a few quid extra for a known name.

I know this is pretty obvious, but check carefully what is covered, exclusions and excess levels.

I have tried all the online sources and the "Compare" sites and frankly, they are rubbish.

I had a much better and cheaper deal from my local broker!

For me, the core problem is that the girlies and spotty youths in the call centres are not insurance trained: they are simply parrots repeating what's on their screen.

One example is Churchill: now I have a provable 13 years ++ NCB. (Probably more like 23 years!). Churchill however only give a maximum of 5 years.

Tried an online source last year which directed me to LV: speaking to the idiot woman on the end of the line and tried to explain that Churchill had "Capped" my NCB, she immediately upped the price as I couldn't provide a renewal invitation of more than five years!

Advised her sex and travel.

Broker accepted my copious file showing many years of continuous NCB.

When comparing ANY Insurance or Assurance product, make sure you are comparing Like For Like!

Also ask the broker whether they charge for their services!

All insurance brokers receive a varying percentrage from the underwriters: can be as little as ten and as high as 20%: and some greedy ba$tard$ then add on a service fee!

This is a pi$$ take particularly for renewals: as what do they do? Send out the papers. first class stamp and an envelope?

£25 upwards?