House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markinspain

Coup Rocks Honduras

Now there is definitely much more evidence to suggest that the CIA's overthrow of Chavez

(which succeeded then failed when he was brought back to power by the people rising up)

was instigated by the CIA.

Shame apologists can't say: "Oh but this has to be seen in the cold war context" anymore.

Guest X-QUORK
Now there is definitely much more evidence to suggest that the CIA's overthrow of Chavez

(which succeeded then failed when he was brought back to power by the people rising up)

was instigated by the CIA.

Shame apologists can't say: "Oh but this has to be seen in the cold war context" anymore.

On this point I agree, but to put 9/11 in the category of "CIA organised" goes too far.

On this point I agree, but to put 9/11 in the category of "CIA organised" goes too far.

Ah, as I suspected, you didn't watch my video.

You still think it was about the 9/11 in New York.

Don't mistake me for someone who thinks the WTC attacks were an inside job.

"Capitalism is the worst economic system, except for all the others" - Churchill (he forgot to add "because me and my buddies sabotage and destroy the 'others'")

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sour...ie=UTF8&z=8

Looks like a bad neighbourhood, I didn't know Honduras existed and it's massive.(well half the size of the UK.)

It's almost identical to Bulgaria in size and population density.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honduras

Honduras (Spanish: República de Honduras, pronounced [re-pu'βlika ðe on-'du-ɾas]) is a democratic republic in Central America. It was formerly known as Spanish Honduras to differentiate it from British Honduras (now Belize).[2] The country is bordered to the west by Guatemala, to the southwest by El Salvador, to the southeast by Nicaragua, to the south by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Fonseca, and to the north by the Gulf of Honduras, a large inlet of the Caribbean Sea. Its size is just over 110,000 km² with an estimated population of almost 7,500,000. Its capital is Tegucigalpa.

"Capitalism is the worst economic system, except for all the others" - Churchill (he forgot to add "because me and my buddies sabotage and destroy the 'others'")

The actual quote is: "It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time".

I Have spent plenty of time in honduras and i love the country and its people i find this news very sad indeed...

Honduras is a cracking place. If a little dodgy, but that makes it interesting. I never got shot, but I did have to stop a bus once to let me do a shit. Dodgy Baleada.

baleadas-honduras-cuisine-food-honduran-foods1.jpg

Obama's First Coup d'Etat

http://www.zcommunications.org/znet/viewArticle/21817

Honduras is a nation that has been the victim of dictatorships and massive U.S. intervention during the past century, including several military invasions. The last major U.S. government intervention in Honduras occurred during the 1980s, when the Reagan Administration funded death squads and paramilitaries to eliminate any potential "communist threats" in Central America. At the time, John Negroponte, was the U.S. Ambassador in Honduras and was responsible for directly funding and training Honduran death squads that were responsible for thousands of disappeared and assassinated throughout the region.

Early indications of U.S. involvement:

"The military coup that overthrew Honduras' elected president Manuel Zelaya brought unanimous international condemnation. But some country's responses have been more reluctant than others, and Washington's ambivalence has begun to raise suspicions about what the U.S. government is really trying to accomplish in this situation.

The first statement from the White House in response to the coup was weak and non-committal. It did not denounce the coup but rather called upon 'all political and social actors in Honduras to respect democratic norms, the rule of law and the tenets of the Inter-American Democratic Charter.'"

"Later in the day, as the response of other nations became clear, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton issued a stronger statement, that condemned the coup - without calling it a coup. But it still didn't say anything about Zelaya returning to the presidency."

"Secretary of State Clinton was asked if "restoring the constitutional order" in Honduras meant returning Zelaya himself. She would not say yes.

Why such reluctance to openly call for the immediate and unconditional return of an elected president, as the rest of the hemisphere and the United Nations has done? One obvious possibility is that Washington does not share these goals."

http://www.zcommunications.org/znet/viewArticle/21840