House Price Crash Forum

How Long Before It All Goes Pop?

HOLA441

Gordon thinks he can keep spending up till the election which will be may 2010

Can the economy stand it?

Will the UK last out that long?

I think Gordon had a gamble on the economy, when he became PM, recovering quickly and is doubling up on his gamble to end up even. He is chasing his losses. The stake is getting awfully big though.

HOLA442

It depends who wins between his ego and the other MPs selfishness. Brown scared them with the threat of an election now last month so they decided to keep him temporarily. In 6 months time the other traitors will be probably thinking someone else might just help me save my seat.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Reste tranquille!

You know full well the Great Leader will have checked on the supplies of on-screen digits, paper, ink & aluminium foil.

The supply level is more than adequate to meet the need.

That is all you need to know.

Have faith

HOLA445

The population is ever growing, creating demand for resources Housing, in particular land will all ways be highly valued. Many have left the UK for economic and life style reasons there number quickly replaced by others for exactly the same reasons.

Global trade in people is nothing new. I think it reaches its zenith with Nations poaching athletes with the lure of citizenship so that they will compete for them. Governments no longer look at their population as brothers and sisters who share the same cultural believes, People are considered no more than an economic unit. Throughout history over population has all ways led to a drop in the standard of living. Wealth is having the necessary things to ensure survival; Countries that have all the resources to look after their own needs will prosper if there is good government.

Governments worldwide have had no choice but socialize banks or face finantual ruin. Money that is (loaned – given) to banks has now gone to any where it can make more money. Mums and dads with cash are wondering just what to do. Will there be a great asset grab? It would appear this is what is driving the market right now. Money is now moving to “safety†gold, commodities and bonds (not U.K .and U.S.).The result is the average citizen’s future is now indebted, higher tax and more effort for less reward are the new order.

The value placed on a country’s currency is a reflection of the confidence of that state. World Governments are inflating the money supply while cutting their own expenditure and capping public wages, by means of weakening Labour Unions and selective immigration.

Inflation is a direct tax on people who have saved.

The “credit crises†is not a lack of money but rather a shortage of suitable borrowers who are willing to speculate. The perception in the community is one of pessimism, why buy something that’s dropping in value? Banks are demanding greater deposits on housing loans the rational is that should the property drop in value and the owner default the bank will not lose. Companies are issuing more shares not to expand operations, but to retire debit, again the thinking is negative “how will we pay of debits with our sales dropping?â€

Interest rates have been cut to historic lows in order to get things going again. Government bonds are now being offered at higher interest rates as investors worry about credit worthiness. At some point in time interest rates will go up and governments will have no choice in the mater, as investors demand reward for risk.

As you think so you are: The same cognitive forces that drove the bubble are now working in reverse. For the next decade house prices will drop and stagnate. However the basic needs food clothing and shelter will always be sort after at any price. Imagine high interest, high unemployment, high cost of living and eventually high house prices.

HOLA446

There is the possibility that the British electorate are totally brain dead which means that Brown's chances of surviving until next June are quite good.

There is also the possibility that Brown will declare a state of national emergency next June and postpone the election indefinitely...don't rule this out!

HOLA447
There is also the possibility that Brown will declare a state of national emergency next June and postpone the election indefinitely...don't rule this out!

I'm sure the 'Dark Forces' that really run the country would intervene if he tried to pull that one.

HOLA448
There is the possibility that the British electorate are totally brain dead which means that Brown's chances of surviving until next June are quite good.

Brown's record as a democrat is not a reassuring one.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
THAT is the trillion GBP question!

It's already gone pop.

What's baffling is being able to continue spending (sorry, 'investing') money that isn't there.

Gordon needs a short, sharp shock . . . but I wonder what would deliver it. A ratings downgrade? A few councils going

bust California style? Another bond market failure?

HOLA4411
Guest UK Debt Slave
Gordon thinks he can keep spending up till the election which will be may 2010

Can the economy stand it?

Will the UK last out that long?

I think Gordon had a gamble on the economy, when he became PM, recovering quickly and is doubling up on his gamble to end up even. He is chasing his losses. The stake is getting awfully big though.

As long as the BoE and our creditors tolerate it....YEP

The tories will inherit a catastrophe from which there is no return

Probably, this is the whole idea

Edited by UK Debt Slave

HOLA4412

There is no means to get him out unless he chooses to leave, which he won't. Everyone has been carping on for a while about how he's finished and how he'll be forced out, but he hasn't and he wont because NO-ONE CAN MAKE HIM.

I put this at around 50/50.

HOLA4413
Guest UK Debt Slave
I'm sure the 'Dark Forces' that really run the country would intervene if he tried to pull that one.

NuLabour ARE the 'Dark forces' ;)

HOLA4414
Gordon needs a short, sharp shock . . . but I wonder what would deliver it. A ratings downgrade? A few councils going

bust California style? Another bond market failure?

The perceived chance of New Labour winning another term.

It's the prospect of future frugality that's keeping things afloat, and enabling Brown's continuing profligacy. If that prospect recedes, watch the UK's AAA rating vanish.

HOLA4415

I think that there are only two logical conclusions:

1) he is mad as a hatter

2) He's a genuis. Tories inherit an economy in a terrible state, introduce the necessary cuts etc, it's a grim as hell, things get worse as the depression takes it's course, Gordon tells everyone that if he had still been in power things would have been ok, Labour win the next election as things start to get better.

HOLA4416

Banks can value their own assets because they say the market is not rational and is undervaluing them.

Brown could apply the same to voting, until the public are rational and it looks like enough will vote for him

he cannot hold an election. Continuing to internally rate himself until that point. It could take decades for

the public to value him correctly.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest Parry
Whereas a bullet would achieve that in a moment?

However loathed the guy may be he's still a human being, Laura.

I have a deep loathing of guns. Unnecessary devices.

HOLA4419

Nothing to do with loathing him Mr Parry sir, but all to do with treason.

If he can prove that he didn't sell off the gold in 97 for Goldman-Sachs (& nothing else makes sense),

then his sentence (for all his other crimes) will be to clean the streets until age ....shall we say 75?

I think guilty until proven innocent is appropriate for those in high places.

HOLA4420
Guest Parry
Nothing to do with loathing him Mr Parry sir, but all to do with treason.

If he can prove that he didn't sell off the gold in 97 for Goldman-Sachs (& nothing else makes sense),

then his sentence (for all his other crimes) will be to clean the streets until age ....shall we say 75?

I think guilty until proven innocent is appropriate for those in high places.

I think he is,

1. Ideological, without the 'logical' bit.

2. Ruthlessly incompetent.

3. Blindly stubborn.

4. Easily conned, see point 2.

Bliar was,

1. A crook.

2. A crook.

3. A crook.

4. A crook, (see points 1, 2 and 3)

Some people want to shoot me at the moment, so I'm no great fan of small arms right now.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Interesting concept, powerful white man = human being (regardless of the atrocities he has commited), poor brown people (no pun intended) = collateral damage. Acceptable as long as I get fuel for my lifestyle.

HOLA4423
Guest Parry
Interesting concept, powerful white man = human being (regardless of the atrocities he has commited), poor brown people (no pun intended) = collateral damage. Acceptable as long as I get fuel for my lifestyle.

Well a brown man wants to shoot this white man at the moment. I can't legally carry either and I don't think my metal dustbin lid will offer much protection.

Yes. Hear what you say. I hate it all too. BTW, I gave nearly all my fortune to poor brown people. They still want to kill me.

HOLA4424
Guest UK Debt Slave

Until someone is pointing one at your head ;)

HOLA4425

Brown's relaunch is on Newsnight

maybe leaders shouldn't have to relaunch, they should just be, and be judged on what they are, and what they really believe. if they are found wanting they should p!ss off