House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hedi

Nationwide Figures

Exciting day tomorrow then!

Hell Yeah, but I don't think we'll see 2 much of a drop this time, low volumes 'n' all, but I reckon a healthy -0.5% mom

Can't the expected publication date be put on the front page, perhaps with an exciting countdown clock, and alarms and flashing lights if they're not published on time? It seems to be frequently requested.

(and the actual data should also be displayed more prominently, mas it is what interests everyone)

I am expecting both to show a small rise this month, and for them to go neutral next month. Then for the falls to resume.

hamish you live in Aberdeen and the place where you live has only a short life left in it..

i used to live in little England (bridge of don) and as you will know without the oil your city will return to the little cesspit hence it came from because its all built on a illusion of permanence which in a very few short years will show just what a farce that is.

Aberdeen is a grey rainy horrible city stuck in the forgotten part of Scotland that anyone with a bit of sense will bail out once the oil wells bleed dry. The future is not good for the grey ones..grey houses grey people.. :lol:

Guest theboltonfury
I think tomorrow will see the first Bear suicides on here.

I doubt it. Unlike the bulls, bear livelihoods rarely depend on these figures.

Looking at all of the recent action and especially the large number of bigger detached that have sold after a long time on the market I sadly think between +1% and +2% is likely for a couple of months, all very irritating.

cheers

J

what people have to remember is some places might be selling a few houses but in other places like mine the market is dead and buried..so at the biggest selling time of the year we are getting maybe a 1% rise so god help the bulls come later on in the year...-4% to 5% might be the norm..

hamish you live in Aberdeen and the place where you live has only a short life left in it..

i used to live in little England (bridge of don) and as you will know without the oil your city will return to the little cesspit hence it came from because its all built on a illusion of permanence which in a very few short years will show just what a farce that is.

Aberdeen is a grey rainy horrible city stuck in the forgotten part of Scotland that anyone with a bit of sense will bail out once the oil wells bleed dry. The future is not good for the grey ones..grey houses grey people.. :lol:

..tell 'im like it is!! :lol:

and to get back OT Forex Factory say -0.4%

..tell 'im like it is!! :lol:

and to get back OT Forex Factory say -0.4%

The forecast was 2.1% out last month. -0.9% forecast +1.2% actual.

Its just guesswork

I think tomorrow will see the first Bear suicides on here.

Dear Mr Sibley, I think you underestimate the bears. Most will be expecting a rise. Markets do not rise and fall in a straight line. This is the peak buying time. Rises in the March-August time-frame are almost inevitable even in the current circumstances.

At least most of the bears have a generally balanced view of things, unlike many of the bulls (aka trolls).

Edited by DownsizingDiva

This is the thing that Sibs, Rinoa and Hamish don't seem to get. We are all predicting/expecting a few more rises over the coming months and years. Last years straight run of falls and 20% decline was unprecedented. Normal HPCs do not follow that path. So why do they think that we get upset when prices rise for a month or two? They just don't understand that we have a better understanding of how markets work on this forum, and expect these mini bounces. Indeed many were predicting it before it arrived. The annoying thing is that one the HPC resumes crash speed again they will be off and we won't be able to rub their silly little noses in it.

This is the thing that Sibs, Rinoa and Hamish don't seem to get. We are all predicting/expecting a few more rises over the coming months and years. Last years straight run of falls and 20% decline was unprecedented. Normal HPCs do not follow that path. So why do they think that we get upset when prices rise for a month or two? They just don't understand that we have a better understanding of how markets work on this forum, and expect these mini bounces. Indeed many were predicting it before it arrived. The annoying thing is that one the HPC resumes crash speed again they will be off and we won't be able to rub their silly little noses in it.

Why not? They will still lurk on here, under changed identities of course.

Edited by DownsizingDiva

Dont worry - they'll be back with new usernames when the next set of green shoots appear

Keep an eye out for them...

Ribley

Samoa

Hilarious

Famous McVampish

ooh dont forget Jerking Gonad - he's made a reappearance recently!

Edited by sbn