House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
three pint princess

Brown Aims For Core Vote With Pledge To House Local People First

Gordon Brown is to try to win back Labour’s core supporters with a pledge to give priority on housing waiting-lists to local residents.

A proposal to require councils to take account of applicants’ connections to the area when allocating homes is central to a policy blueprint. The populist measure risks reviving the controversy over Mr Brown’s call for “British jobs for British workers†.

A housebuilding programme is also to be announced today as Mr Brown seeks to regain the political initiative. Extra cash for social housing will come from a £500 million switch in spending, outlined in the new programme, Building Britain’s Future, The Times has learnt.

Resentment at needs-based rules under which newly arrived migrants are believed to be placed at the front of housing queues has long been cited by Labour MPs as eroding support among its core working-class voters.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle6598065.ece

Could there be an election this year?

Edit: on BBC now

Page last updated at 10:06 GMT, Monday, 29 June 2009 11:06 UK

Brown to unveil policy 'vision'

Gordon Brown

Mr Brown promised to unveil his vision but has been delayed

Gordon Brown is to unveil his long awaited "vision" for the future in a package of plans seen as amounting to an early Labour election manifesto.

The programme reportedly includes plans for local people in England to get priority on housing waiting lists.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8123723.stm

Edited by Tom Peters

With Nu Labours track record, this won't make it any further than the blue-print. <_<

Pfft. They'll take policies from anyone who might take "their" votes. This particular one is BNP, innit?

Could there be an election this year?

Edit: on BBC now

Of course the real question is

SO WHY DIDN'T YOU DOPEY F*****S DO THIS ANY TIME IN THE PREVIOUS 12 YEARS?

:angry: :angry: :angry:

We Don't Believe You......

Another in the long line of bullsheet coming from Labour. You and I both know that as soon as they won an election they would reverse this quicker than anything besides I very much doubt EU policies that Gordon shafted us with would allow this to happen anyway.

We Don't Believe You......

Another in the long line of bullsheet coming from Labour. You and I both know that as soon as they won an election they would reverse this quicker than anything besides I very much doubt EU policies that Gordon shafted us with would allow this to happen anyway.

I wish this **** would just ****** off...im not well tonight :(