House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Banker Dead In Woods

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8123755.stm

A Dutch banker who went missing from his London home has been found dead with gunshot wounds in woodland.

Huibert Gerard Boumeester, 49, from Belgravia, went missing on Monday taking two of his shotguns.

So exactly how many times did he shoot himself in the head?

Or did he start with his feet and work his way up?

Guest Parry

Can't understand why these blokes do themselves in over a job? Maybe the economic crisis had nothing to do with it.

:lol:

Greedy, to the very end. They never know the concept of 'enough' these bankers!!

Come on then, who did it?

I know I shouldn't cos this is obviously a tragedy for his family and friends but that made me :lol:

It's a high pressure, high stress job which most of them only do for the high bonuses..take away the high bonuses and some of them probably want to kill themselves for working their ass off without the payout.

Either that or he was murdered for finding out some secret bank information and it was made to look like a suicide :P

Shotguns usually have two barrels; so if he fired both simultaneously....

Alternatively, he rigged both shotguns up on a stand, or tied to the trees, with a cord or wire to set both off ....

Is this sounding too morbid? Maybe I've been watching too much CSI....

Can't understand why these blokes do themselves in over a job? Maybe the economic crisis had nothing to do with it.

indeed - egotist/narcisist issues here I suspect

Madoff has the right idea.

Mouth shut, keep smiling and don't tell them where the money's hidden.

Guest anorthosite

An entrance & exit wound? That would count as two wounds.

Shotguns usually have two barrels; so if he fired both simultaneously....

Alternatively, he rigged both shotguns up on a stand, or tied to the trees, with a cord or wire to set both off ....

Is this sounding too morbid? Maybe I've been watching too much CSI....

Not easy to do, I don't think.

If he has managed to use both barrels the mess will be horrendous - one would have been bad enough.

The fact that he took two may not be that unusual; it was probably a cased pair so he just picked the case up.

An entrance & exit wound? That would count as two wounds.

Er, I think a shotgun will take half your head off, not leaving an exit wound.

Anyways, this shows the extreme dangers involved in making your career such an important part of your life-priorities and self-esteem. When the job goes, you go.

It's a high pressure, high stress job

I agree with the rest of your post, but not this bit: IMHO, being a squaddie in Afghanistan or working as a diver in the North Sea are high pressure, high stress jobs. In comparison, office work of any description comes down to wanting the pay packet more than you want to tell your annoying boss/coworkers/clients to stick up their jacksies. No comparison.

With four barrels, you'd think he'd have the decency to take a colleague along with him. Selfish.....

Ego, status, class, position in the pecking order.

Ego is a terrible thing. It is up there with Hurt and Rejection as being the big problems in so many lives.

Have you seen that contraption like a steel meccano set that fits over your arm then it is wound back so that someone can make you shoot yourslef, dont know if it would work with the shotgun unless it was sawn off, Big Vern style.

Peter bought one in Family Guy.

http://www.videovat.com/videos/933/family-...st-machine.aspx

I agree with the rest of your post, but not this bit: IMHO, being a squaddie in Afghanistan or working as a diver in the North Sea are high pressure, high stress jobs. In comparison, office work of any description comes down to wanting the pay packet more than you want to tell your annoying boss/coworkers/clients to stick up their jacksies. No comparison.

With four barrels, you'd think he'd have the decency to take a colleague along with him. Selfish.....

what about being responsible for whether or no several thousand people can afford to keep a roof over their and their families heads, deciding which businesses go bust and which don't. Is that not stressful - no, it's not the end of the barrel of a gun, but it's affecting people massively.

It can be massively stressful, because of the effect of what you do (and the insane timing put on you to do it). If you think it's just a bit of office work, then I am afraid you don't understand what happens. It's like calling a North Sea Diver a snorkeller who must be happy because his job is his hobby, or that the squaddies do it for a laugh with the boys and the fitness training...

Guest X-QUORK
what about being responsible for whether or no several thousand people can afford to keep a roof over their and their families heads, deciding which businesses go bust and which don't. Is that not stressful - no, it's not the end of the barrel of a gun, but it's affecting people massively.

Don't make me laugh, the only things these guys care about is the bonus, the bonus and the bonus.

He probably took his finest English side by side pair (you can spend up to 72k each on a Purdeys), shotgun owners are very fond of their guns and take huge pride in them, I bet they were as far as he was concerned, his finest posessions.

However with a short 26" game gun you can stick both barrels in your mouth and still pull the triggers (english guns have two triggers, one for each barrel and you can pull both at the same time if you want)

The mess would depend on the cartridge used, a 50 grm magnum load goose cartridge would push your brains in to the middle of next week