House Price Crash Forum

Swiss Banks Shun American Customers As U.s. Widens Search For Tax Evaders

HOLA441

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=a_8VwpO5m0WQ

June 29 (Bloomberg) -- Swiss banks are shutting the accounts of Americans as the U.S. Internal Revenue Service accelerates the hunt for tax dodgers.

UBS AG and Credit Suisse Group AG, the country’s biggest banks, have told Americans to move their money into specially created units registered in the U.S., or lose their accounts. Smaller private banks such as Geneva-based Mirabaud & Cie. are closing all accounts held by U.S. taxpayers.

Sandra Dysli, an American who has lived in Geneva for 40 years, said Bank Zweiplus AG, the Zurich-based joint venture of Basel-based Bank Sarasin & Cie. and AIG Private Bank, and a Geneva branch of Raiffaisen International Bank-Holding AG refused to open investment accounts for her.

“I was told that I cannot legally be a client because I’m an American,†said Dysli, who retired from the United Nations in 2001. “I couldn’t get an investment account and had everything in cash.â€

Gotta love those Swiss... :lol:<_<

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Cayman Isnalnds account anyone?

I looked into opening a Cayman Islands account once and they are only interested in how much money you have to deposit. You could even use a false name such as Idi Amin

HOLA446
Guest sillybear2
I looked into opening a Cayman Islands account once and they are only interested in how much money you have to deposit. You could even use a false name such as Idi Amin

What happens if a one Idi Amin turns up in one of their branches requesting a demand deposit? :lol:

HOLA447

We have an account in Belize-pretty good as well. It's still more or less British and a short trip from Florida.

HOLA448

just read the whole report and WOW, if they are doing what it say's then its big, get ready for seeing bit CEO's etc getting their names in the press for tax avasion in September.

its getting sureal, and America is taking no prisoners

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412