House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Garry AKA Pod

Most Shocking News Of The Week

A third death may be upon us within an hour of me posting this.

Sadly, earlier this week Charlie's Angels became a duo and some dancing chap that sold a few Vinyl records a few years croaked it.

Now the most shocking death of all could be about to happen.

The USA are currently beating Brazil, 2-0 in the final of the confederations cup. Football as we know could be dead by 9:30pm this evening.

Granted, it's not a proper tournament as that Swedish Bird, Inga Lund hasn't been invited, and the entire crowd seems to be fending off a dangerous swarm of buzzing insects, but this truly would be a horrendous death to the beautiful game.

No offence to our American readers, but you've bastardised or dominated most other sports, and we like the way the worlds most popular sport after fishing, seems to largely pass you all by. Can't be having you doing well at the game you call Soccer.

Didn't Iran beat the US in an early round World Cup game a few years back?

Was Iraq I believe. Good news, Brazil have just pulled one back. Sadly, the swarm of insects is still making a horrendous racket. They'd better invest in a giant can of insect repellent before the World Cup next year.

Didn't Iran beat the US in an early round World Cup game a few years back?

If you're refering to the 2006 World Cup Finals then no. Although they were both in the tournament that year, they definetly never played a match together. I distinctly remember this as I was hoping they would meet on the football field. Alas, they did not. Don't know about the qualifiers though. Does anybody know if they met in the qualifiers that year?

I found Holland beating England at cricket the other week really funny.

Oddly, neither my Dutch colleagues nor my cricket-mad English ones found it amusing. But the Mash agrees with me, so i feel vindicated:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-...;-200906081811/

Edit to correct link

I found Holland beating England at cricket the other week really funny.

Oddly, neither my Dutch colleagues nor my cricket-mad English ones found it amusing. But the Mash agrees with me, so i feel vindicated:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-...;-200906081811/

That truly was hilarious. I'd be happy for the USA to beat us at cricket.