House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DownsizingDiva

Next Leg Down Not Far Away

There really is very little "bounce" left now. A little "anecdotal evidence":

Of the 10 properties I have been watching over the last 2 months in the £200K-£300K price range (2 of which I have viewed with the intention of making an offer on, but didn't):

2 Were sold SSTC 3 weeks ago - have now come back on as "available" (presumably no mortgage offer and/or valuer

downvalued?)

3 Not sold - still on at original price - (have been on market for some considerable time)

4 Not sold - despite price reductions

1 Has gone SSTC (after a reduction in the asking price of £35,000) - time will tell if this comes back as "available"

This is in the PEAK BUYING SEASON.

Give it a couple more months, and I think we shall see some significant reductions for those who have to sell.

Edited by DownsizingDiva

There really is very little "bounce" left now. A little "anecdotal evidence":

Of the 10 properties I have been watching over the last 2 months in the �200K-�300K price range (2 of which I have viewed with the intention of making an offer on, but didn't):

2 Were sold SSTC 3 weeks ago - have now come back on as "available" (presumably no mortgage offer and/or valuer

downvalued?)

3 Not sold - still on at original price - (have been on market for some considerable time)

4 Not sold - despite price reductions

1 Has gone SSTC (after a reduction in the asking price of £35,000) - time will tell if this comes back as "available"

Give it a couple more months, and I think we shall see some significant reductions for those who have to sell.

Where are you please?

I am interested in what's available in South Cheshire. In the particular area I am looking at nothing is shifting even though some asking prices have dropped nearly 25%. I am certainly finding it hard to relate to the resurgence of "buying frenzy" that other people seem to be talking about.

Edited by libspero

& those reductions (of real value, but just as likely in Sterling too) will continue for at least another decade,

more likely two decades.

I'm in Brighton, been watching the market closely for over 2 yrs now. Since about end of March, nearly all the houses I have been looking at have gone SSTC (although some have been taken off the market). New stuff, priced less than peak but still high - 350-400K for a 3 bed terrace - going SSTC within a few weeks. Whether or not all these SSTC end up in sales remains to be seen, but plenty of activity going on. Sentiment is still strong to buy.

This is houses btw, not flats. Flats seem to be sticking around for longer.

Anecdotally, it seems that a lot of the offers being made are people moving to Brighton, rather than moving within it.

Prices are definitely down, but no capitultion going on here just yet.

here in west Cheshire the market is dead and the same houses have been on sale for a year or more with price reductions but no movement... average selling time now 286 days....no bounce here :P

Monitoring a medium sized town in Dorset , mostly houses in the 250-300k range , the odd one sells but many have been there for over a year , back in boom times of 2006-07 they would of gone quickly at around 325-350 k . Asking prices seem to be down 10-15% from peak .

I'm monitoring Essex (Epping/Brentwood & surrounding). Prices holding up & loads selling BUT I'm very glad to say a lot of them are coming back on the market! I have been getting concerned to be honest, but am glad to see plenty coming back on as available, still ridiculously overpriced though - (Patience is a virtue - ) :P