House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
R K

Car Jackings And Violent House Burglaries

http://www.metronews.co.uk/news/s/1122697_..._shotgun_terror

A WOMAN feared for her life after being threatened with a sawn-off shotgun by two masked men stealing her car.

The carjacking happened just before 4pm on Wednesday, June 17 on Delahays Road in Hale.

The 38-year-old woman had just come to a stop in her black Audi S4 Quattro when she was confronted by the two men wearing ski masks, one brandishing a sawn-off shotgun and the other a hammer.

The gunman pointed the weapon at the victim’s chest and threatened to shoot her. Frightened for her life, she threw him the car keys and he got into the vehicle.

In a rush to get into the car with his accomplice, the second man pushed the victim and knocked her to the floor, causing her minor injuries.

The pair then drove off in the Audi, registration number YP55 MYR, along Clay Lane towards Wythenshawe, where it was spotted driving in tandem with a green Ford Focus.

Detective Constable Helen Murdoch, of Stretford CID, said: "This woman was left absolutely terrified, to the point where she was hysterical as she thought she was going to be shot and killed.

"I do not doubt these men have no conscience and probably do not care about the distress they have caused this poor victim, but we are doing everything we can to find them and put them behind bars, where they would spend a lot time contemplating their actions.

I have noticed an apparent rise in not only this sort of car jacking, but also violent home robberies where 3 or 4 men burst into a house whilst the occupiers are at home, threaten them with knives, baseball bats etc, take their cash cards, cash, jewellery and make off in their car. There have been 6 such robberies local to me in the last few months.

I know this used to be commonplace in places like Italy, Bulgaria, South Africa and so on, but it appears to be more prevalent in the UK now too. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have noticed an apparent rise in not only this sort of car jacking, but also violent home robberies where 3 or 4 men burst into a house whilst the occupiers are at home, threaten them with knives, baseball bats etc, take their cash cards, cash, jewellery and make off in their car. There have been 6 such robberies local to me in the last few months.

I know this used to be commonplace in places like Italy, Bulgaria, South Africa and so on, but it appears to be more prevalent in the UK now too. Has anyone else noticed this?

I just hope we turn full circle, I really do. It's out of control and I would seriously vote for any party that promised a referendum on the ultimate deterrent plus hard labour and corporal punishment. Throw in national service and they can feck the rest of their agenda. The economy can't be messed up anymore ao they would have nowt to lose.

I just hope we turn full circle, I really do. It's out of control and I would seriously vote for any party that promised a referendum on the ultimate deterrent plus hard labour and corporal punishment. Throw in national service and they can feck the rest of their agenda. The economy can't be messed up anymore ao they would have nowt to lose.

Isn't that a part of the "unmentionable party" manifesto?

just another socionomic result of the bear market, if people get the houseprice falls that they expect on here which i have no doubt they will over the coming years it is onlyonly a matter of time before serious social/civil umrest rears its ugly head in the UK. Its already started in NI which is somewhat ahead of the curve in the downturn compared to the rest of UK

It might be time to move.

Cars used to be stolen from car parks and then the letter box robberies stealing keys from the hallway table whilst people were asleep etc.

Today, they just seem to take whatever they fancy whilst people are at home or in th driving seat.

That seems to be a more recent thing - although it may not be. It would appear to be indicative of a societal breakdown though where life becomes less valuable than valuable objects. There appears to be no plod around these days except on motorways and on Friday nights at chucking out time, and little deterrent in any event. It seems to be getting more frequent and out of control.

Cars used to be stolen from car parks and then the letter box robberies stealing keys from the hallway table whilst people were asleep etc.

Today, they just seem to take whatever they fancy whilst people are at home or in th driving seat.

That seems to be a more recent thing - although it may not be. It would appear to be indicative of a societal breakdown though where life becomes less valuable than valuable objects. There appears to be no plod around these days except on motorways and on Friday nights at chucking out time, and little deterrent in any event. It seems to be getting more frequent and out of control.

I sort see where you are coming from .. I partly agree .. but I think a big factor is car security .. a friend of mine is a policeman and his view is that now cars are TOO secure .. Hence you get this sort of thing .. the reason carjack is because it's so hard to steal a car off the street ..

True/False .. I don't know, his basis was that car crime has fallen dramatically in the last 30 years but the cost of the damage has risen exponentially .. 30 years ago 70% of car thefts resulted in "Recovered without damage .." Now if it's gone it's gone ..

Sounding like South Africa!!!

Yes, well by accepting millions of 3rd world economic migrants into our country, instead of a sustainable immigration policy with a high bar set for entry, we have succeded in importing nothing but poverty and crime. The blame for this lies almost entirely with the Left who for decades has screamed racist at any opposition to multiculturalism and mass immigration. Also in the news today, a huge surge in rape reported in schools in London ( http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_...icle6591117.ece ), apparently linked to "gang culture". As when a shooting is investigated by Operation trident (for example... shooting at restaurant ) we all know what this means....

Edited by Grime- skint wouldbe ftb

Having had the "plesure" of being carjacked myself the best thing is a VERY good tracking device. The best use both GPS and transponder. Liverpool police will recover any car thats been jacked & do a FULL scale micro job on it. Their bating ave is very good.

Its still rather nasty at the mo, but a number of things are coming together, expect an incoming Tory goverment to attack crime (scary stuff) head on. Very high profile cases with NEW law with LONG sentancing..........also expect a large number of "Dip-lock" cases ......so they can't screw the jury.

Mike

Of course they do, people aren't armed in their homes any more.

Only solution to this stuff is an armed population.

Like plod cares.

He gets the same wages for mopping up your corpse and informing your relatives as he does tackling violent crims - what do you think he's going to do?

Take an insurance number, off to the overpass for a kip.

Having had the "plesure" of being carjacked myself the best thing is a VERY good tracking device. The best use both GPS and transponder. Liverpool police will recover any car thats been jacked & do a FULL scale micro job on it. Their bating ave is very good.

<snip>

No, the best thing is to stay out of Liverpool. ;)

This one is an absolute classic :lol:

Just watched this all the way through. :blink:

Why was it a classic?

This type of robbery has evolved because of the increased sophistication of car alarm and locking systems.

Rather than tackle these complexities on an unattended car, the robbers will take it with the driver inside, and the keys in the ignition, or break into the house to get the keys. Or 'fish' the keys out through the letter box if they are on a table within ten feet of the front door.

One of the unforseen consequences of increased car 'security'.

Don't worry. Labour are tough on crime and tough on the causes or crime. Well, that's what they say anyway.

Ah yes, so tough on crime and the causes of crime that they have implemented "GCSE Applied Sciences" - Home Ec, Sports science, and Forensics.

So the sports science teaches them how to run fast, and the forensics teaches them useful nuggets like if they're on the run from the police, and they're using the helicopter, you need to keep your baseball cap on, to reduce the heat coming off from your head, and hide under a car that's still got a warm engine, so you won't be picked up...

They also teach them all about fingerprinting, and the fact that if you've been a participant in a particularly bloody crime, the best thing to do is to smear horseradish sauce on everything, as it's one of the things that gives a false positive on the luminol stuff they use to detect blood...

Labour - giving chavs a reason to stay in school, so they can be better at crime, and getting away with it.

Distance is defence but not 100%, I watch the Police website & there have been a lot car taken in the Lakes.......suddenly the police swooped & caught a gang from Kirby (Liverpool) had driven 60 miles to find "non-tracker" cars......sadly for them one DID have a tracker (They drove in convoy back down the M6).

I suspect i know the "family" behind it, same as the one that did me........

However they are having troubles themselves right now, 2 of them (age 63) were in a high rise flat cutting the "Coke" & suddenly they got raided. Am told both are facing REAL jail time and are becoming "chatty".

Mike

Edited by Mega

public hangings is the answer

No. These criminals are victims of the harsh treatment they experienced from at the hands of uncaring hard working families throughout this land. They just need care and assistance in order to reform. They aren't beyond help - they aren't politicians you know.

Guest Parry
Yes, well by accepting millions of 3rd world economic migrants into our country, instead of a sustainable immigration policy with a high bar set for entry, we have succeded in importing nothing but poverty and crime. The blame for this lies almost entirely with the Left who for decades has screamed racist at any opposition to multiculturalism and mass immigration. Also in the news today, a huge surge in rape reported in schools in London ( http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_...icle6591117.ece ), apparently linked to "gang culture". As when a shooting is investigated by Operation trident (for example... shooting at restaurant ) we all know what this means....

+1 Yes.

If you want 'multiculturalism' please first look at the cultures to which you have opened the door.

Please let's have a sensible immigration policy for the UK. It is way overdue.

This is not racism but reality.

Edited by Parry

If you want to buy a quality discreet car, then buy a Bristol:

Blenheim3_FrontShot.jpg

No chav carjacker will recgnise it so they won't try to steal it.