House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Loblaw

Micheal Mcintyre Comedy Roadshow

Had the misfortune to watch this last night. He basically introduces other comedians a bit like 'Live at the Apollo'. He had a lady comedian on who made some very tasteless, genuinely racist jokes including one that was based around the word 'niggerette'. She also joked about Golliwogs, used the term 'shecoon' and make cracks about selling black kids to rich white people.

It would seem that now in the UK its acceptable to use racist slang on the BBC if you are black but woe betide if you are white (as Carol Thatcher found out) and so much mention the term 'golliwog'.

I found this double standard genuinely unsettling. Did anyone else see it as I would be interested in other peoples opinions?

I'd like to see a black comedian that doesnt bang on the whole time about being black. Honestly, just get over yourself already.

In the world of political correctness only whites are racist.

Forget Idi Amin who removed Asians from Uganda. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_of_..._Uganda_in_1972

The Rwandan Genocide. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide. When Tutsis killed the Hutu.

Darfar. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Darfur

And God knows how many more.

I'd like to see a black comedian that doesnt bang on the whole time about being black. Honestly, just get over yourself already.

Or a woman comedian who doesn't just talk constantly about being a female and eating things.

As for the OP. Saw it and totally agree. Only white people can be racist. I alwasy enjoy reminding people of the last large scale race riots in GB. Between blacks and asians in Brum IIRC.

Not many white racist folk involved in that one. :rolleyes:

I always enjoy reminding people of the last large scale race riots in GB. Between blacks and asians in Brum IIRC.

Not many white racist folk involved in that one. :rolleyes:

Well there wouldn't be white people involved in a riot involving blacks and asians now would there?

Amen to that!

Grow up OP and stop trying to look cool on the intardweb, no one gives a flying f*ck how anti racist you want to look like infront of a load of anonymous forum users.

Well there wouldn't be white people involved in a riot involving blacks and asians now would there?

Em well er .... that was the point.... :rolleyes:

Amen to that!

Grow up OP and stop trying to look cool on the intardweb, no one gives a flying f*ck how anti racist you want to look like infront of a load of anonymous forum users.

WHOOSH2.gif

Had the misfortune to watch this last night. He basically introduces other comedians a bit like 'Live at the Apollo'. He had a lady comedian on who made some very tasteless, genuinely racist jokes including one that was based around the word 'niggerette'. She also joked about Golliwogs, used the term 'shecoon' and make cracks about selling black kids to rich white people.

It would seem that now in the UK its acceptable to use racist slang on the BBC if you are black but woe betide if you are white (as Carol Thatcher found out) and so much mention the term 'golliwog'.

I found this double standard genuinely unsettling. Did anyone else see it as I would be interested in other peoples opinions?

It made the milk curdle in my tea. I actually said to my other half 'why can't she just do some general observational comedy'

This! In my mind this constant reference to the differences between races fuels more racism. Most people don't really give a shi!t until someone keeps ramming it down their throat again and again and again.