House Price Crash Forum

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...ncludeSSTC%3Don

It says occupiable 11 months of the year. It has flooded in the past around there, but they have new flood defences.

I guess these places hit you with service charges, tenancy BS. dont know if you pay for the plot or the caravan, but £13k looks reasonable.

It would be cheaper to just become a pikey, but i dont want to have to engage in bare knuckle boxing matches every weekend to decide whose turn it is to empty the latrine.

If it's got anything to do with a caravan, you can only stay on the premises for 11 months, as any more and you have to pay council tax.

Just an FYI, but these are in fact a good money maker if situated in a nice geographical area, especially as most Brits won't be holidaying abroad for the foreseeable future.

Edited by cashinmattress

Guest BAREBEAR_soon to be ALIVA

I've thought about this.

You do have to pay a site rental every month.Where I looked was nearly 300.

Where would you go for the month its not open ?

I've thought about this.

You do have to pay a site rental every month.Where I looked was nearly 300.

Where would you go for the month its not open ?

The secret is to buy two or three of these things. Get the other ones rented out to vacationers, and you could easily pull in a few hundred a month in profits.

You will have to pay a site maintenance fee, and most caravan parks will do the cleaning and maintenance for you, and take care of bookings and rental collection.

With the profits you go bugger off to the costas for a month, or something along those lines.

Just keep in mind that they can be ruined quite easily by the wrong guests, and that you have to pay tax on the profits. A lot of these parks offer you 'tax' free options, but do not be as stupid as to put any of that cash into a bank.

If you are planning on living in one yourself, be aware that these are seldom going to be located in a handy spot and commuting will be a nightmare for most.

That said, its still a better investment than a BTL residence by far, especially with families looking for cheap holidays.

Edited by cashinmattress

True, the site fees would be the killer. I just recall at the height of the boom similar places (newer, and not in Northampton) would be put up as high as £150-160k, they seem to have fallen far more than houses. Even if they fall another 50% thats under a years rent.