House Price Crash Forum
redwing

Benefits Cheats

Recruitment companies getting tens of millions of pounds of taxpayers' money to find jobs for the unemployed are at the centre of a fraud probe after staff made false claims of getting people into work.

The Observer found that A4e, one of the government's biggest private contractors, is at the centre of the Department for Work and Pensions inquiries. It is understood that at least two other recruitment companies have been probed by the DWP. Last night Yvette Cooper, the work and pensions secretary, confirmed that investigations were under way and said she could cancel multimillion-pound contracts if widespread fraud was uncovered.

Full story here:

Observer 28 June 09

Typical private sector behaviour. What a waste of tax payers' money it is lining the pockets of private companies to get people off the unemployment register.

Send the directors of A4e to prison. That's what happens to benefit cheats.

It makes sense really.

Wherever there is a large pool of a liquid asset, the people with the easiest access to it will the ones most likely to pilfer it.

Hence why a eunuch makes such a good harem guard...

I just want to know which knobster it is who oversees a system which pays private companies tens of millions to push people into jobs that are publicly advertised anyway.

There was me thinking that people wanted the work, the employers wanted the people and all they have to do is locate each other.

FFS, does this lot know ANY other way other than to pay companies a fortune to wipe arses?

My daughter got pushed onto an IT course that was so mind numbingly basic that every member here could teach it, how to use a mouse etc.

She did try but only lasted 2 weeks and they put her on hardship benefit for quitting. A while later we met a guy that had been involved with the same outfit in a different city, he had lasted less than a week. 2 years after that he got a visit from the fraud squad because they had him down as taking and completing loads of courses after that first one. Computer records said he had qualifactions for courses he hadn't taken.

I just want to know which knobster it is who oversees a system which pays private companies tens of millions to push people into jobs that are publicly advertised anyway.

There was me thinking that people wanted the work, the employers wanted the people and all they have to do is locate each other.

FFS, does this lot know ANY other way other than to pay companies a fortune to wipe arses?

New Deal. Yes, its the same phrase used in the 1930s Depression...

Basically, the private contractors get to use you as free labour, or assign you somewhere for the same purpose. The idea being that the role becomes permanent and paid. Does it work that way in practice? Hell no. The contractors take the lions share of the money and even if you became employed, you're without money for a month till you get paid, no run-on for rent or anything...

If the government really wanted to give people job experience etc... they do have the means for example at local councils etc.. all this new deal stuff is bull just a waste of good funds that can be used in more product methods.

All these new deal training centers funded by the government just a waste of time money etc...

Edited by crash2006

About 90% of the companies providing 'services' to the state are involved in fraud of one sort or another.

We get endless threads on this site about benefit scroungers but precious few about the corporate dole bludgers from the banks downwards who rely on state handouts to prop them up.

In my personal experience most of the IT outsourcing contracts involving government departments are scams from top to bottom where the taxpayer overpays hideously for everything from hardware to software.

It'll be a knobster who gets a role on the company board of directors when they leave government.

Its the Small Business and Regeneration Agencies that get me. They sit around taking taxpayers money and come up with excuses as to why they can't help. They get paid by the Government every time you visit, or become a client of them. Basically job creation schemes for themselves.

This recruitment firm could always pay the money back, then everything will be fine! :lol:

Full story here:

Observer 28 June 09

Typical private sector behaviour. What a waste of tax payers' money it is lining the pockets of private companies to get people off the unemployment register.

I disagree: these recruitment and training companies and their ilk are quasi-public-sector bodies that suckle directly at the state's teat with no other source of nourishment. They are born and sustained not by free market forces, but by the stroke of a legislator's pen.

As an ex DWP employee, I can tell you that the Jobcentre itself fiddles the unemployment stats. I photocopied proof of that, and took it up the line through my line manager, district manager, regional manager, chief exec. What a surprise, it all fell on deaf ears. I was just outlawed as a trouble maker, hence I am an ex employee.

As for New Deal, We used to have New Deal funds to help people "overcome the barriers preventing them getting a job". I remember challenging the decision on some of the payments that had been granted. We had one guy who was given money towards a holiday because he was "depressed". We also paid out for someone to have a dog walker for their pet while they went on a local training course. I argued what the F**K are they going to do when they start work, but you guessed it, it fell on deaf ears.

One day I will write a book on all the outrageous things that went on ( bugger the official secrets act) <_<

Edited by giveusthefacts

As an ex DWP employee, I can tell you that the Jobcentre itself fiddles the unemployment stats. I photocopied proof of that, and took it up the line through my line manager, district manager, regional manager, chief exec. What a surprise, it all fell on deaf ears. I was just outlawed as a trouble maker, hence I am an ex employee.

As for New Deal, We used to have New Deal funds to help people "overcome the barriers preventing them getting a job". I remember challenging the decision on some of the payments that had been granted. We had one guy who was given money towards a holiday because he was "depressed". We also paid out for someone to have a dog walker for their pet while they went on a local training course. I argued what the F**K are they going to do when they start work, but you guessed it, it fell on deaf ears.

One day I will write a book on all the outrageous things that went on ( bugger the official secrets act) <_<

Meanwhile the run-ons for people who did get work were removed...*sigh*

It'll be a knobster who gets a role on the company board of directors when they leave government.

That'll be honest Dave then......