House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Bruce Springsteen

Nice to see a real star at Glastonbury. Showing 'em how it's really done.

A real tonic after the saturation footage of the late Jacko we've had.

Sorry! wrong forum. Mods please move to off topic

Guest redwine
Nice to see a real star at Glastonbury. Showing 'em how it's really done.

A real tonic after the saturation footage of the late Jacko we've had.

Sorry! wrong forum. Mods please move to off topic

Glastonbury 2009 looks great Rolf Harris Crosby Stills and Nash even Fairport Convention ( didn't know they existed anymore ) all this for a 175 quid !!!

Think that i will stick with Jacko

Glastonbury 2009 looks great Rolf Harris Crosby Stills and Nash even Fairport Convention ( didn't know they existed anymore ) all this for a 175 quid !!!

Think that i will stick with Jacko

And the master, Neil Young too. Surprised to hear that he didn't chip in with C, S & N seen as they were performing too. Perhaps they've had a fall out?

I did get a bit bored watching him perform "Keep on Rockin' in the free world"

Can any regular festival goers on here please tell me why folk take huge flags to wave? I'd have a sniper backstage taking them out. Who cares that you're Irish and feel the need to tell us all? Who cares that you support Wolves and feel so insecure about it that you need to wave a great big flag at a MUSIC festival?

Perhaps I am just a boring old young fart.

Guest redwine
And the master, Neil Young too. Surprised to hear that he didn't chip in with C, S & N seen as they were performing too. Perhaps they've had a fall out?

This is Hawkwind , Do Not Panic

Stonehenge Free festival June 1984

Now that was a "real" festival

He's getting a massive fine apparently, for going past curfew!!!

The Boss won't get fined. Maybe the other lesser Boss (Mr Eavis) might. Either way, it's only £3000 apparently. They should be able to fleece a few hippies for that.

Guest redwine

I remember this festival because i was one of the "roadies" that put up the stage one of the screws on the poles snapped and nearly cut one of my hands to bits although nothing as violent as what happened in the "battle of the bean field"

It's been a good Glasto but I guess we aren't producing young musicians any more, all that practice, lessons, discipline etc - it's just not fair!

FFS - I just made a quick list of Glasto headliners:

over 60/ bus pass material: Crosby, Stills, Nash, Young, Tom Jones, Tony Christie, Status Quo, Bruce Springsteen, Spinal Tap

over 50/please dye your hair: Jarvis Cocker, Nick Cave, Specials, Madness,

over 40/ we can still rock but we have to take the kids to school tomorrow: Blur, Prodigy

Funniest thing was that Dizzie Rascal c*unt rapping to a pre recorded backing tape - BBC interview 'where were you when you heard the news about Michael Jackson ? I was like indoors, on Streetfighter like. :lol: I take it that Streetfighter is a computer game for children?

I like Bruce Springsteen, especially the Nebraska album.

I've got debts no honest man can pay

As to the rest of his stuff, took me a long time to see (hear) past the obnoxious 80s production and worst of all, the E-street band.

Having that many people, it just pummels any nuance into the floor. They also have a nasty habit of everyone playing together on the beat, I liked 'Little Stevie' in the Sopranos but as an arranger, I think he was asleep on the job. This wouldn't be such a crime but some of his songs are the same three or four chords over and over again, itself not unforgivable, its just the combination of the two. Its like being whacked over the head with a shovel 4 times per bar (again, perhaps better left to Silvo, Tony and Paulie).

There are some great songs buried there, its a shame really. Thats just my taste in things though perhaps.