House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

Oh, No! They've Bin And Gorn And Dun It!

Guest AuntJess

Gawd knows I don't ask for much, but killing off Sir Guy is just not on. Who am I going to lust after now! No more tousled raven locks, no more piercing blue eyes, no more black leather gear...gulp...sniff. :(:(

Shame about Robin snuffing it, but he never quite did it for me, y'know. He did have lovely 'Irish' eyes though. :rolleyes:

Guest anorthosite
Gawd knows I don't ask for much, but killing off Sir Guy is just not on. Who am I going to lust after now! No more tousled raven locks, no more piercing blue eyes, no more black leather gear...gulp...sniff. :(:(

Shame about Robin snuffing it, but he never quite did it for me, y'know. He did have lovely 'Irish' eyes though. :rolleyes:

Ahem, you might want to say "Spoiler alert".

Guest anorthosite
[/b]

???? :blink: Whassat mean?

That means "don't read if you haven't watched it and don't want to know the ending" - very important in these days of Sky+ boxes and iPlayer.

For example if I started a post to say that in the new Star Trek film

Vulcan gets destroyed

then I should really put "Spoiler Alert" in the subject header so people who haven't seen it and don't want to know what happens can avoid it.

EDIT: Added redacted look for spoiler as Mrs Anorthosite said it was neither big nor clever.

[/b]

???? :blink: Whassat mean?

It lets someone who hasn't seen the episode/film what you are about to tell them is an essential part of the plot and would therefore 'spoil' it for them if read.

Guest AuntJess
It lets someone who hasn't seen the episode/film what you are about to tell them is an essential part of the plot and would therefore 'spoil' it for them if read.

:unsure::unsure: I am really sorry if I spoilt it for someone. 'Tis a lovely ending in some ways........ Episode worth watching. :)

Guest KingCharles1st

My kids told me about this earlier- I didnt believe Robin Hood could be killed!!!

So I suppose in the next series we will find the black geezer has taken over, and that he is gay, and Scottish to boot.

Guest AuntJess
My kids told me about this earlier- I didnt believe Robin Hood could be killed!!!

So I suppose in the next series we will find the black geezer has taken over, and that he is gay, and Scottish to boot.

Nah, he ain't gay. He is rather dishy too. ;)

I think it will be Archer - the half brother of both Robin and Gisborne - who will lead. He is the one who is equal Robin with a bow.

I did not think Marian could be killed either. SPOILER ALERT

I knew Robin would die when I saw Lucy's - Maid Marian - name in the cast list. She came to meet him in the afterlife. 'Twas really ethereal.

Guest anorthosite

I knew Robin would die when I saw Lucy's - Maid Marian - name in the cast list. She came to meet him in the afterlife. 'Twas really ethereal.

Ah, the redacted look. You should work for parliament ;)

Guest anorthosite
It's going to be like Taggart now :blink:

Or the old Robin Hood series - the one where Sean Connery's son took over the main role.

Guest AuntJess
Or the old Robin Hood series - the one where Sean Connery's son took over the main role.

Yep. Michael Praed was more of a Robin than Jason Connery.Mike P really owned that role and was a tough act to follow. Funny, I never really liked him in anything else.

As for Taggart I really like Alex Norton in the role. I thought the original was a misery guts and the guy who stepped into the role - Mike? - wa not gritty enough.

Alex Norton plays it as a hard-headed type of cop.The best Taggart so far, IMO.

The best one in the programme for me is Blythe Duff. I think she is a great actress and is a very convincing CID copper.

Yep. Michael Praed was more of a Robin than Jason Connery.Mike P really owned that role and was a tough act to follow. Funny, I never really liked him in anything else.

Now THAT is a drink on a stick! :rolleyes:

Forget Robin and his band of bloody do-gooders. A pipsqueak. He wouldn't have lasted five minutes in medieval England.

High time we had the adventures of:

Black Jack Piles and his band of Woodland Bastards. They rob the poor to give to - themselves. And they shag anything that moves....

I think it will be Archer - the half brother of both Robin and Gisborne - who will lead. He is the one who is equal Robin with a bow.

In the 80s Robin of Sherwood series, Jason Connery's character was Guy's half brother.

I know it's a radical concept, but with most of the main cast now dead, why not end the series?

:unsure::unsure: I am really sorry if I spoilt it for someone. 'Tis a lovely ending in some ways........ Episode worth watching. :)

Well, I was going to watch it on iPlayer, but what's the point now? :(

Guest KingCharles1st

I reckon a film with Johhny Depp playing Robin would be astonishing actually

Guest AuntJess
Well, I was going to watch it on iPlayer, but what's the point now? :(

Plenty. there are quite a few twists in it. :D

Guest anorthosite

I take it everyone knows Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father?

I take it everyone knows Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father?

As if?

Anyway, I still haven't watched the final 2 episodes of the first series* of Robin Hood so I'm still not aware that Marion does yet, so giving away the plot in the 3rd series is just evil you lot! :P

*Yep, it's called a series, not a season. I could burst a blood vessel over this completely insignificant, yet thoroughly annoying infestation.

Guest AuntJess
As if?

Anyway, I still haven't watched the final 2 episodes of the first series* of Robin Hood so I'm still not aware that Marion does yet, so giving away the plot in the 3rd series is just evil you lot! :P

*Yep, it's called a series, not a season. I could burst a blood vessel over this completely insignificant, yet thoroughly annoying infestation.

:(:(:(