House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ajay

Put My Mobilephone Through The Washing Machine

I have put my mobile phone through the washing machine, what are my options.

It is a quite good Sony ericsson 770i

770.jpg

post-10826-1246125228_thumb.jpg

Insured?

Tried drying it out completely (Hair dryer)

Take the sim out and leave to dry

Try using it as a credit card. ;)

I have previously used isopropyl (expect call from local plod after purchase :unsure: ) to clean phones up with success. Whatever you do you need to strip the thing before the damage starts and maybe give it a distilled ultrasonic bath.

Some people report opening up and letting dry but I can't see that being a long term solution. It isn't the water that does the damage but the sugar / impurities so these must be removed too.

Insured?

Tried drying it out completely (Hair dryer)

Take the sim out and leave to dry

strange thing is it has powered up, and the screen plays the demo, will the sim still work, i thought it would be kaput.

I have previously used isopropyl (expect call from local plod after purchase :unsure: ) to clean phones up with success. Whatever you do you need to strip the thing before the damage starts and maybe give it a distilled ultrasonic bath.

Some people report opening up and letting dry but I can't see that being a long term solution. It isn't the water that does the damage but the sugar / impurities so these must be removed too.

How would i give it a ultrasonic wash, this is all star trek to me.

Just bob down to netto and get a replacement for £15.

Granted, it might not be able to wipe your **** for you, or make you look like Sam's helper dude in Quantum Leap playing with Ziggy, but you can do revolutionary things like make calls and send texts on them.

Just bob down to netto and get a replacement for £15.

Granted, it might not be able to wipe your **** for you, or make you look like Sam's helper dude in Quantum Leap playing with Ziggy, but you can do revolutionary things like make calls and send texts on them.

I am getting old and need a screen that is easily readable and the £15 phones are 65k resolution and i find these difficult to read.

Thanks for your reply though.

Can only give you my own experience, dropped in sea water so a little different, Sorry to tell you but it was a gonner. Dried it out but no go. Wish I could offer you some magic cure.

Piss into a bowl, throw in your phone, then give it 5 minutes on full power in the microwave.

Sorted.

I agree. I have dropped my phone into a pool of piss a few times. The thing is - you always try and rescue it.

No idea why.

I agree. I have dropped my phone into a pool of piss a few times. The thing is - you always try and rescue it.

No idea why.

Just as long as its your own piss.

Guest KingCharles1st

I was doing the washign up not too long ago- and the Sony Erikson rang. So I picked it up with sudsy marigolded hand and watched the little bleeder slip into the steaming hot water, whereupon it flasshed at me from under some plates and cutlery.

I fished it out- but it was fu cked. Had it professionally looked at, its buggered, got the Sim card back with no fee

To make matters worse- it was 6 weeks old, and it was the ex wife who had called- aaarrrgggghhh

I was doing the washign up not too long ago- and the Sony Erikson rang. So I picked it up with sudsy marigolded hand and watched the little bleeder slip into the steaming hot water, whereupon it flasshed at me from under some plates and cutlery.

I fished it out- but it was fu cked. Had it professionally looked at, its buggered, got the Sim card back with no fee

To make matters worse- it was 6 weeks old, and it was the ex wife who had called- aaarrrgggghhh

This question may be a little close to the bone but what the ******.

Did you ? ;)

Check your clothes before you put them in the washing machine is the preffered option.

I've been doing washing for 38 years and I still mess that one up. Washed Mr EG's wallet for him the other week, all his bank cards are dazzlingly clean! :huh:

Much to me annoyance my missues is the same she has had many recurring failures where she has not found stuff that I left in my pockets. But I still love her all the same and forgive her when she does it.

It is truly the nicest thing to hear a man say that about his wife, made my smile shine it did, :D

No idea why.

Was the phone in your Shirt pocket while you were talking to the Big White Telephone then - Splash! :lol:

Was the phone in your Shirt pocket while you were talking to the Big White Telephone then - Splash! :lol:

Nah - think I was trying to text a bird whilst in a boozer toilet. Bad idea when wasted. Splash !!

Managed to receover but too late. At least I managed to save my SIM with my picture collection. ;)

I've been doing washing for 38 years and I still mess that one up. Washed Mr EG's wallet for him the other week, all his bank cards are dazzlingly clean! :huh:

That's against money laundering regulations.

Know what you mean. Been washing clothes for a similar long time. Put some live ammo through a cool wash and spin a while back. If the information is of any use to anyone Sellier & Bellot .44 Rem Mag still work just fine when it comes out of the machine.

Know what you mean. Been washing clothes for a similar long time. Put some live ammo through a cool wash and spin a while back. If the information is of any use to anyone Sellier & Bellot .44 Rem Mag still work just fine when it comes out of the machine.

I suppose the other alternative would have been to find out it made a rather good Gattling gun.

(even though it would have just been one barrel)

Hmm does noone bother with Insurance anymore. I think its a great deal costs about 10CHF a month and ive had 10+

replacement phones through either losing or breaking them over the last 5 years