House Price Crash Forum

Benefit Payouts Will Exceed Income Tax Revenue

HOLA441
Great. But isnt there practically the same amount of child poverty as there was 10 years ago. Isnt life expectancy practically the same, and infant mortality, and so on. Factors of output dont always direct respond to factors of intput.

perhaps because we haven’t removed to welfare state that things are as good today as 10 years ago regarding the bits you said

just stop and think for a moment what would happen if welfare was cut. it would be a terrible world. think the slums of India!!

do you really want slums to pop up everywhere?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
No, i've no reason to commit suicide. Your solution seems to be to one that increases the problem.

How so, we could just have a few more taxes and give to the poor who wont be so poor then?

Think of robin hood, who doesn’t like robin hood?

Edited by cells

HOLA443
perhaps because we haven’t removed to welfare state that things are as good today as 10 years ago regarding the bits you said

just stop and think for a moment what would happen if welfare was cut. it would be a terrible world. think the slums of India!!

do you really want slums to pop up everywhere?

There are slums everywhere. The streets be cleaner than in the 60/70/80s, but the same problems remain behind closed doors. Unemployment, alcoholism, broken families, domestic violence. Dont buy labours pretty pictures. It hasnt gone away, its just been conveniently hidden from sight.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest Parry
How so, we could just have a few more taxes and give to the poor who wont be so poor then?

So it's simply a matter of 'giving' people money? Where does that money come from? How? What does it represent?

HOLA446
There are slums everywhere. The streets be cleaner than in the 60/70/80s, but the same problems remain behind closed doors. Unemployment, alcoholism, broken families, domestic violence. Dont buy labours pretty pictures. It hasnt gone away, its just been conveniently hidden from sight.

would you rather have the following or pay some tax?

Have some compassion, the boy don’t even got wheels on his bike!!

prog_slum.jpg

slum_1.jpg

slum-mumbai1.jpg

HOLA447
So it's simply a matter of 'giving' people money?

yes, dont you ever contribute to charity?

Where does that money come from? How?

through tax

What does it represent?

kindness to your fellow man parry

HOLA448
would you rather have the following or pay some tax?

Have some compassion, the boy don’t even got wheels on his bike!!

Too bad the money is never distributed fairly. A few people get £130k, a some get £2k a year, many get little or nothing.

If it was actually shared out as £8k to everyone regardless of status, we'd all be able to afford the basics (although I suspect that rents would increase).

Edited by HPC001

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Too bad the money is never distributed fairly. A few people get �130k, a some get �2k a year, many get little or nothing.

If it was actually shared out as �8k to everyone regardless of status, we'd all be able to afford the basics (although I suspect that rents would increase).

Giving it to everyone would be silly, like Robin Hood stealing from the sheriff to give it back to him. Would make a boring episode don’t you think?

You should only give it to the poor

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest Parry
yes, dont you ever contribute to charity?

through tax

kindness to your fellow man parry

Yes have given most of mine to poor people in poor countries, leaving me poor by the way. Last 14 years of solid work has been given away to people who needed it. I made sure it went on the right things though. I've actually taken people out of poverty. Broken cycles of poverty, so please, don't start to fvcking lecture me about charity and kindness to my fellow man.

I wonder what you've actually done for your fellow man?

Remember our chat the other day about sustainable delopment and where money (which is a representation of resource, human ingenuity and effort, or at least should be) should be put to good use.

The emotive pictures you have used above remind me of that.

HOLA4414
Giving it to everyone would be silly, like Robin Hood stealing from the sheriff to give it back to him. Would make a boring episode don’t you think?

You should only give it to the poor

That would break things. The higher earners would just leave. Assuming a fixed percentage, there would be a break even point among workers where they neither gain or lose from the NIT (pay in £8k, get £8k back). Above that point they'd start paying in on a net basis.

Keep in mind here that people doing nothing would still get £8k, which isn't what happens now.

@Parry - You sound like a sensible man, what would you say about a geuninely talented, hardworking person who had nothing to start with and has been refused help when losing his\her job in the current screw-up? Do you think stabilising the roof over their head would be a good start?

Edited by HPC001

HOLA4415
Yes have given most of mine to poor people in poor countries, leaving me poor by the way. Last 14 years of solid work has been given away to people who needed it. I made sure it went on the right things though. I've actually taken people out of poverty. Broken cycles of poverty, so please, don't start to fvcking lecture me about charity and kindness to my fellow man.

I wonder what you've actually done for your fellow man?

Remember our chat the other day about sustainable delopment and where money (which is a representation of resource, human ingenuity and effort, or at least should be) should be put to good use.

The emotive pictures you have used above remind me of that.

Good work parry, but there are greedy people who want to give nothing and would rather see poverty and all that goes with it.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Taxes on who? Those that are working yet take home less than some families that are completely benefit dependent?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest Parry
Good work parry, but there are greedy people who want to give nothing and would rather see poverty and all that goes with it.

Genuine thanks and sorry I had a rant at you there.

I like to give, see the sig. But I don't like to give for,

1. War.

2. People who, in a first world country, during a massive boom, would sooner live off my hard work and watch daytime TV than get a job. Works bl00dy good fun and it's where you meet your mates.

3. Bloated government schemes involving predatory consultants and God knows what, which benefit no one.

4. Bailouts of the rich and divisive banking industry.

Sorry, real bee in bonnet about this.

That's why I'd love to see 100% of my efforts go on sustainable development so everyone can have an adequate standard of living. This prosperity would also likely reduce the birth rate?

Cheers.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Were would they go?

A tax haven (several miniscule states come to mind, like Monaco, or maybe an Atlantic island) or a country with lower taxes (Czech Republic). Part of the problem is that the government taxes everything so much that it discourages business ventures that would employ more people, or makes it attractive to have a black market with cash-in-hand.

HOLA4423
Everybody who can afford to give a bit which is most people.

If there were people living in shanty towns eating mud pies in this country then you might have a point. To throw up pictures of starving kids in Africa does not justify your argument about the workers of this country paying more taxes.

HOLA4424

Plus all you crying about too much tax, have you not considered that the state gives you cash benefits too

For example, middle class family earning 5x average wage.

They buy a house in 1950 for £10k.

They sell that house 2007 for £800k

That is £790k profit

Where do you think that came from?

It was the state when you think of it

The poor don’t have that benefit, they get less but more often.

HOLA4425