House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
200p

Neil Morrissey Owes £250k

That's what I like about property crashes. They snare the arrogant annoying ones who believe they can do no wrong.

Men Behaving Badly only had two proper actors in it - Clunes and Quentin. Morrissey and Ash just made up the numbers.

Looking for new "investors".... :lol:

Fixed:

Business

Prudent with money, Morrissey has invested his earnings successfully in various projects, including production companies and his own television advertising and production company, Cactus Media Group.

He still lives in his two bedroom flat in Crouch End, has no mortgage, and bought his first "flash" car in 2002. He has investments in Babington House, Somerset; and has money in stocks and shares. He has also bought his mother a home in Stafford.

Morrissey's love of the Welsh poet Dylan Thomas led to him and his business partner Matt Roberts buying up numerous properties in the village of Laugharne, including the Hurst Hotel, the New Three Mariners pub and Brown's Hotel in April 2004 for £670,000.[6] In October 2006 it was announced that the business had put Brown's Hotel on the market in order to finance the redevelopment of the Hurst Hotel,[7] and the expansion of the private members' club, Hurst House in Covent Garden, London.[8] In July 2008, with delays encountered on the construction of Hurst House-at-the-Mill, a luxury hotel in Hertfordshire due to open in 2009, the Laugharne based assets of the Hurst House group went into a packaged administration. The assets were subsequently bought by new investors backing Roberts, resulting in the end of Morrissey's association with Laugharne.[9]

Neil Morrisey also part owns the Ye Olde Punch Bowl Inn in Marton, North Yorkshire as well as the on-site micro brewery Morrisey-Fox.

He is now possibly a bit "Men behaving skintly" according to the Daily Mail newspaper article on the 25th of June 2009: Quote: Men Behaving Badly star Neil Morrissey is being sued by his bank after his Welsh pub failed. The Bank of Scotland filed a writ at London's High Court, alleging Morrissey owes £250,000 plus interest payments.

TFH

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...firm-fails.html

The 46-year-old bought a three businesses in Laugharne, including Brown's Hotel, the New Three Mariners and the country hotel Hurst House, former haunts of the writer Dylan Thomas.

Les Dennis maybe enjoying a bit of schadenfreude?

I'm sure mr cowell would give him 250k for specialty pics of amanda he might have kept ;)

The guy is pretty innocuous - so why the opprobrium - is he a BTL toad ? :blink:

Bad actor who believed his own hype. Got away without talent because of his looks. Nearly spoilt Man Behaving Badly.

I presume women feel the same way about, say, Pamela Anderson and her "acting" career. Whereas I think Pammy is great B)

Nearly spoilt Man Behaving Badly.

Surely that was Harry Enfield?

I've got all of them as a DVD box set and watch them about once a year but have only watched series 1 once.

Surely that was Harry Enfield?

I've got all of them as a DVD box set and watch them about once a year but have only watched series 1 once.

Can't deny that he was better in it than Harry Enfield, but that wasn't too difficult.

The original book by Simon Nye was a good read. The Morrisey / Enfield character was a lot deeper than he was written in the series.

Is there a process for getting threads moved off topic?

Bad actor who believed his own hype. Got away without talent because of his looks. Nearly spoilt Man Behaving Badly.

I presume women feel the same way about, say, Pamela Anderson and her "acting" career. Whereas I think Pammy is great B)

Mmmm, Could you have been influenced by the "Barbwire" outfit possibly?

The original book by Simon Nye was a good read. The Morrisey / Enfield character was a lot deeper than he was written in the series.

Didn't know there had been a book. Might try and track it down one day.

Is there a process for getting threads moved off topic?

You could use the "Report Post" function.

Easiest thing to do is just mention gold.

I hear that Neil Morrissey is thinking of buying a lot of gold now that Micheal Jackson's died (due to a CIA conspiracy funded by the Bildeburgers).

See? Easy.

Didn't know there had been a book. Might try and track it down one day.

You could use the "Report Post" function.

Easiest thing to do is just mention gold.

I hear that Neil Morrissey is thinking of buying a lot of gold now that Micheal Jackson's died (due to a CIA conspiracy funded by the Bildeburgers).

See? Easy.

Gold you say?

gold-coins-images.jpeg

This is the book, same cover as when I read it:

e-bay

Gary was a stamp dealer, worked next to George (?) who is his office assistant in the TV series.

Edited by Frank Hovis

three businesses in Laugharne, including Brown's Hotel, the New Three Mariners and the country hotel Hurst House, former haunts of the writer Dylan Thomas.

Only a bay or two away from one of my GC1 indicators, Worm's Head Hotel on the Gower.

That was hammer down at circa £160,000.......... I was there.

(that was my Max Boyce impersonation..... :( )

Don't leave it too long Neil