House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Malthus

Ot Ac/dc Punchestown

Wouldn't mind, but not sure if the logistics will work out. I remember seeing them as a kid in the Kings Hall years ago, incredible performance!

Do you reckon you'd get tickets for face value down there?

Wouldn't mind, but not sure if the logistics will work out. I remember seeing them as a kid in the Kings Hall years ago, incredible performance!

We were at that show vesp awesome,plenty of tickets on gumtree and I'm sure there will be some

In the BT tonight or outside the gig , face value is £80 each. Hope you make it

I saw them then too, excellent show, but I'm a little against £80+ tickets for concerts these days.

I saw them then too, excellent show, but I'm a little against £80+ tickets for concerts these days.

Yes, pretty dear, the show in '91 was £17.50, still have the ticket! Don't think I'll make it tonight, just climbed Slieve Donard this morning(for charity). A few beers and pizza are on the agenda

Anyone else going ?

When is it? And if you have been was it good? I m sure it would be great. Never really got into them, as I probably never gave them a chance, but know they are a great band. Ironically, watched a video of them playing Rosalie by Thin Lizzy last night. They rock!!!!

I watched Neil Young play Glastonbury on Friday night on TV...Love the man, saw him this time last year down in Dublin, unbeleivably good, would travel the globe to see him.

Yes, pretty dear, the show in '91 was £17.50, still have the ticket! Don't think I'll make it tonight, just climbed Slieve Donard this morning(for charity). A few beers and pizza are on the agenda

heavy rnr inflation!

just back from glastonbury myself. absolutely amazing. neil young really was incredible along with many others - friendly fires,blur,prodidgy, yeah yeah yeahs,bruce springsteen. was last there in 04 when paul mccartney and oasis played and both 04 and 09 have been incredible. just how festivals should be. well worth £175

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2009/arti...index.shtml#emp

may go to oxegen next weekend as i have a friend who can usually get me freebies (wouldnt bother otherwise as at 225 euro costs more than glasto!!).

Edited by getdoon_weebobby

just back from glastonbury myself. absolutely amazing. neil young really was incredible along with many others - friendly fires,blur,prodidgy, yeah yeah yeahs,bruce springsteen. was last there in 04 when paul mccartney and oasis played and both 04 and 09 have been incredible. just how festivals should be. well worth �175

may go to oxegen next weekend as i have a friend who can usually get me freebies (wouldnt bother otherwise as at 225 euro costs more than glasto!!).

ACDC were ok , not as good as the kings hall gig years ago ( could be rose tinted specs )

The journey to and from Punchestown was a nightmare , dread to think what it's like for Oxegen.

ACDC were ok , not as good as the kings hall gig years ago ( could be rose tinted specs )

The journey to and from Punchestown was a nightmare , dread to think what it's like for Oxegen.

Brother in law went, had a 6hr wait in the coach 3 miles away, driver then announced he was over budget on driving hours, and they had to walk the rest of the way. Apparently sitting in a traffic queue is very dangerous.

He enjoyed the concert anyway, despite the rain, said Angus still can do it.

just back from glastonbury myself. absolutely amazing. neil young really was incredible along with many others - friendly fires,blur,prodidgy, yeah yeah yeahs,bruce springsteen. was last there in 04 when paul mccartney and oasis played and both 04 and 09 have been incredible. just how festivals should be. well worth �175

Me too, Neil Young was the highlight of the weekend. Definitely the best of the festivals I've been to.

Edited by shipbuilder

Sounds great, I ll have to get back to it. I went three years ina row, back 1998,1999,2000, when it was "free" so to speak, from the people I have spoke to it still seems to be the best by far...

The false endings in Rocking in the Free World were classic. I m going to have to go and see Neil Young again. I think in an indoor gig the sound must be incredible.

Hey Hey My MY

Cortez the Killer

Sounds great, I ll have to get back to it. I went three years ina row, back 1998,1999,2000, when it was "free" so to speak, from the people I have spoke to it still seems to be the best by far...

Was there in 1998 too! It was a nightmare, I hated every second of it! Infact I think I'm psychologically scarred for life after the experience!

Drove down from Glasgow with mates after Grad Ball. So everyone up the night previous partying.

My friend who was driving crashed the car into the back of another car. I had bad whiplash and shock.... but even better - I had an AA card on me so the AA agreed to tow the car to Glastonbury. But could only do one journey, so we were stuck in Glastonbury with a bashed up car, and no way of getting home. Ended up hitching home with stoneheads and when I arrived home walked passed a few people who never even recognised me (was like a mud monster)!

We pitched out tent and went on the look out for welly boots! It was raining the whole time, the fields were like mud and welly boots sold out within hours! I think I got trench foot!

Got back to our tent one night and couldn't understand why there was no tents around it - then realised there had been a mud-slide which had wiped out all the tents on either side of ours - someone was looking out for us! ;)

Was in the dance tent one night and it was a mud bath. It actually smelt like cr@p! Then somone told me that the machine used to suck the poo out of the portaloo holes had been sent to the dance tent to suck up some mud, but the guy in the machine had pressed the wrong button and spread cr@p all over the place.

I will never be back.......anywhere that sells lemon smelling face masks to put on when going to the portaloos I now stay away from. ;)

Edited by sophia

Was there in 1998 too! It was a nightmare, I hated every second of it! Infact I think I'm psychologically scarred for life after the experience!

Drove down from Glasgow with mates after Grad Ball. So everyone up the night previous partying.

My friend who was driving crashed the car into the back of another car. I had bad whiplash and shock.... but even better - I had an AA card on me so the AA agreed to tow the car to Glastonbury. But could only do one journey, so we were stuck in Glastonbury with a bashed up car, and no way of getting home. Ended up hitching home with stoneheads and when I arrived home walked passed a few people who never even recognised me (was like a mud monster)!

We pitched out tent and went on the look out for welly boots! It was raining the whole time, the fields were like mud and welly boots sold out within hours! I think I got trench foot!

Got back to our tent one night and couldn't understand why there was no tents around it - then realised there had been a mud-slide which had wiped out all the tents on either side of ours - someone was looking out for us! ;)

Was in the dance tent one night and it was a mud bath. It actually smelt like cr@p! Then somone told me that the machine used to suck the poo out of the portaloo holes had been sent to the dance tent to suck up some mud, but the guy in the machine had pressed the wrong button and spread cr@p all over the place.

I will never be back.......anywhere that sells lemon smelling face masks to put on when going to the portaloos I now stay away from. ;)

Sorry for laughing at your expense Sophia, but that is classic. It is funny, I actually remember that rumour going around about the dance tent and the guy pressing "blow" rather than "suck"...so it was true then...The following two years I was it, the weather was glorious, and I tell you, it makes an absolute world of difference when you can lay on the grass and "chill out"...The first year was a real testing one (1998), the mud made it miserable, and by the Sunday night the mud was so bad that the suction in the mud caused me to walk out of my shoes on the long trek back to the green fields from Bob Dylan at the mainstage. I was too drunk to notice or care,haha, We had to drink alot to get through that...The music was good though each year...I think the only thing I ate was those packs of sugary donuts and maybe one burger a day at breakfast time. Dont think I could do it now, I was only coming 18 in my first one and that age I think "Fools run in where Angels Fear to Tread" haha...Thanks for the story, it evoked some memories.

Edited by VedantaTrader

The false endings in Rocking in the Free World were classic. I m going to have to go and see Neil Young again. I think in an indoor gig the sound must be incredible.

Hey Hey My MY

Cortez the Killer

might wet your appetite VT

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/06/g...nbury_2009.html